large ish minecraft server

1 minute ago, the gamer that is bad said:

what parts should i consider for a minecraft server for 30 people

Did you google on this topic? There are great hosting services that host for you for a few bucks a month

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

i would check this out

1 minute ago, Enzo1001 said:

Did you google on this topic? There are great hosting services that host for you for a few bucks a month

id rather have it hosted locally as a remote/lan server

2 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

ok, what kind of pc do you have? Because if its not in your room or it doesnt bother you thats on while sleeping you could use your own pc. Ill need the secs tho

8 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

Are you buying a new rig? What is your budget?

Minecraft servers basically only care about single core performance, so just get 16GB of RAM, at least a terabyte of storage, and the CPU with the fastest single core performance you can fit in your budget.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Do you have a good enough Internet plan? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Enzo1001 said:

ok, what kind of pc do you have? Because if its not in your room or it doesnt bother you thats on while sleeping you could use your own pc. Ill need the secs tho

i have a 3200g and i am looking for a new pc to host it as a dedicated server

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Are you buying a new rig? What is your budget?

Minecraft servers basically only care about single core performance, so just get 16GB of RAM, at least a terabyte of storage, and the CPU with the fastest single core performance you can fit in your budget.

my budget id $500 usd   

11 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Do you have a good enough Internet plan? 

i have a slow plan but next month we are upgrading to gigabit because of school

Just now, the gamer that is bad said:

i have a 3200g and i am looking for a new pc to host it as a dedicated server

my budget id $500 usd   

i have a slow plan but next month we are upgrading to gigabit because of school

Download doesn't matter. What matters is your upload. Many ISP's can offer Gigabit down, but upload could be lack luster. Also depending on where you are in the world, your ISP might take actions against you for running a server. I know my ISP forbids internet facing servers on residential connections. I could imagine 30 people server could pull down a bit of bandwidth and the ISP might not be too happy about that, especially with many networks under strain due to covid. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Download doesn't matter. What matters is your upload. Many ISP's can offer Gigabit down, but upload could be lack luster. Also depending on where you are in the world, your ISP might take actions against you for running a server. I know my ISP forbids internet facing servers on residential connections. I could imagine 30 people server could pull down a bit of bandwidth and the ISP might not be too happy about that, especially with many networks under strain due to covid. 

how do i check if i can run a server?

5 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

how do i check if i can run a server?

Check the TOS or AUP of your ISP. Also check to see what the upload on the Gigabit plan is. Keep in mind, if you over saturate your upload you WILL bring down your whole internet connection.