PC slow boot after shut down for a few hours

RobertH

Hello everyone, hope you can help with this one, i'm bashing my head for a few days now to understand what's going on.

So, after I turn of the PC and leave it turned of for a few hours, it boots up very slow, it hangs in the windows loading screen for 80-90 seconds before logging in, also, one of my monitors is not being recognized and does not display any image, if I power cycle the monitor, it turns on and is recognized in windows.

Any boot after this initial one is normal, it takes around 15 seconds and have no issue with the monitor, same thing if I restart or turn off and power on - the issue appears when the computer is turned off for 2-3 hours.

PC config.:

CPU - Intel i9 10850k

Motherboard - Asus ROG Maximus XII

RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x8GB

VGA - Gigabyte 1080Ti

PSU - EVGA 850W

CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D15

Monitors - Samsung U32H85x / 2xLenovo Think Vision T24i - the monitor not being recognized is the Samsung

Storage: 1xSamsung SSD 970EVO Plus 250GB NVMe (system drive) (connected to the M.2_2 slot on the motherboard) / 2xSamsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x HDD WD Green 2TB (SATA is set to AHCI mode)

The CPU / Motherboard / RAM / NVMe Drive / CPU cooler are a few days old.

Things I tried:

- updated BIOS to the latest non-beta version available on Asus's website

- reinstalled VGA driver - no go

- reset BIOS - booted up with default/auto setup - no go

- booted up with just the Samsung monitor connected - monitor issue is gone, the monitor powers on, but still hangs during boot (same thing if a boot with another monitor)

- disabled SATA controller from BIOS, just booted with the NVMe drive - no go

- booted with just the mouse and keyboard connected / just the keyboard conencted - no go

- booted up with no startup items - no go

- benchmarked the CPU/VGA/RAM/Drives - no issues found (Cinebench R23, Aida64 Stability test, CPU-Z, Unigine Heaven, CrystalDiskMark etc.) - temps are normal for CPU/Motherboard/VGA

- reinstalled Windows and went from 1909 to 20H2 - no change, same thing happens

All drivers are installed from Asus's website, only things I have installed on the computer are Chrome, Samsung Magician, nVidia Experience which installed with the nVidia driver, VLC and WinRAR - i uninstalled all junk that comes prebundled with Windows like Solitaire, Your Phone and stuff like that.

I am thinking it's someething on the line of memory training or something similar, I can't explain why it happens only when the computer is off for a few hours.

do you have some kind of disk utility, like the one form samsung (id what its called) or just simply crystal disk?

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

Yeah, I have Samsung Magician installed, all drives show up normal in the Magician dashboard.

So this seems to be somehow linked with the VGA, or something, if I power cycle the Samsung display during boot-up, the computer boots with no isssues even if it was powered of for a few hours.

I put in the VGA in a different computer, with the same triple monitor setup, boots up with no issues - this is getting frustrating.