How do I restrict home/root page on IIS?

Flux Azreal

So, what I want to do is somehow not grant access to the virtual directories (IP/path1) but not the root or home page (IP) it's an FTP site if that helps. 

I've tried changing the root folder's IUSR permission but that does nothing, like it can still be uploaded to or downloaded/viewed, when i go to IIS and change the FTP Authorization rule it applies to all of the virtual directories as well, even if I remove it from the virtual directories they just just for a username/password. It's like it requires access to other root/home to access the other

(I want the virtual directories to be accessed anonymously)

I mainly don't want anyone uploading to the homepage/root in the ftp site. 

another thing; the virtual directories' physical directory is a different drive so they aren't in the root folder.

Or is there a way to create a ftp site with out a root/home page? 

On 11/28/2020 at 3:37 AM, Flux Azreal said:

So, what I want to do is somehow not grant access to the virtual directories (IP/path1) but not the root or home page (IP) it's an FTP site if that helps. 

I've tried changing the root folder's IUSR permission but that does nothing, like it can still be uploaded to or downloaded/viewed, when i go to IIS and change the FTP Authorization rule it applies to all of the virtual directories as well, even if I remove it from the virtual directories they just just for a username/password. It's like it requires access to other root/home to access the other

(I want the virtual directories to be accessed anonymously)

I mainly don't want anyone uploading to the homepage/root in the ftp site. 

another thing; the virtual directories' physical directory is a different drive so they aren't in the root folder.

Or is there a way to create a ftp site with out a root/home page? 

Thought about hosting SFTP (instead of FTP) outside of IIS?

It's been years since I've properly dug into IIS, when I did I wasn't a big fan of it either ha!

Sounds like you should be playing with IP restrictions in your web.config file. 

R.E.V.O.

Realise       Every       Victory      Outright