ty

tlhmaz
Go to solution Solved by alyen,

Your motherboard does have the 12V RGB and it looks like the fan pack does include a RGB cable to connect to the motherboard. One of the fan's RGB cable is connected to the motherboard RGB cable and the other fans RGB cable is daisy chained to the another fan. You use Gigabyte RGB Fusion software to adjust the colors. That is how I'm interpreting it from reading the Amazon description and Gigabyte website. The motherboard can probably handle all 5 RGB fans on one RGB header, but you should still check your manuals specifications.

It is confusing whether you mean quantity of 2 fan ports or fan ports with only 2 pins?  Fan cables (vs the various flavors of rgb which is separate and different) can have 2, 3, or 4 pins on their connectors.  2 is quite old but still used in some places.  I haven’t seen it in a motherboard in a very very long time though.  All such fans spin max speed all the time. 

Assuming two fan ports with probably 4 pins in them(pwm) One can commonly get three fans per port on a motherboard using splitters.  What the two ports mostly do is mean however many fans you have can be adjusted in only two sections.

As far as RGB goes that’s a wholly separate thing I personally know little of.

Why I don’t know anything about RGB myself:

Spoiler

aside from other various problems which alone are enough to make me eschew the stuff, It never made sense to me to decorate a computer, as it’s functionality is it’s own decoration, but aside from that, spending hundreds of dollars to decorate such a thing with nothing but lights makes even less sense to me personally.  A better job can be done for less money in other ways.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

25 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It is confusing whether you mean quantity of 2 fan ports or fan ports with only 2 pins?  Fan cables (vs the various flavors of rgb which is separate and different) can have 2, 3, or 4 pins on their connectors.  2 is quite old but still used in some places.  I haven’t seen it in a motherboard in a very very long time though.  All such fans spin max speed all the time. 

Assuming two fan ports with probably 4 pins in them(pwm) One can commonly get three fans per port on a motherboard using splitters.  What the two ports mostly do is mean however many fans you have can be adjusted in only two sections.

As far as RGB goes that’s a wholly separate thing I personally know little of.

Why I don’t know anything about RGB myself:

Hide contents

aside from other various problems which alone are enough to make me eschew the stuff, It never made sense to me to decorate a computer, as it’s functionality is it’s own decoration, but aside from that, spending hundreds of dollars to decorate such a thing with nothing but lights makes even less sense to me personally.  A better job can be done for less money in other ways.

I mean 2 fan ports (listed mobo model) I think this fan pack comes with 2 fan hubs so I don't need to worry about splitters? My main concern is weather I can control the fan with my motherboard like rgb and speed (PWM?). It said it is compatible with asus aura sync but I have gigabyte rgb fusion. I am worried that if its not compatible I can't change the color of the rgb or the speed.

Your motherboard does have the 12V RGB and it looks like the fan pack does include a RGB cable to connect to the motherboard. One of the fan's RGB cable is connected to the motherboard RGB cable and the other fans RGB cable is daisy chained to the another fan. You use Gigabyte RGB Fusion software to adjust the colors. That is how I'm interpreting it from reading the Amazon description and Gigabyte website. The motherboard can probably handle all 5 RGB fans on one RGB header, but you should still check your manuals specifications.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W