Best 1440p Gaming Monitor choices

sanul17

i want to buy a new monitor with 1440p,

since i played mostly single player game (the only competitive game i played is Dota 2) i care more about visual fidelity first, but decent/good response time is welcome

i torn between IPS and VA, currently i have LG 27GL650 F, its really good but i hear VA has deeper black that make the color pop out more, but it has worst peformamne out of three panels and also bad viewing angles, so i think i stick to IPS, unless there is a good VA monitor that exceed IPS choices

currently i have 3 candidates

LG 27GL850F

DELL S2721DGF

MSI MAG274QRF-QD (Quantum Dot Version)

out of three i interested in MSI since its slightly better than other, and from Hardware unboxing i learn that it has decent contrast ratio, something that others lack, but it doesnt hs sRGB mode, therefore the color will be oversaturated, and it should be calibrated with tools

which one do you suggest? is there any better alternative or is it better to WAIT for couple months waiting for beter monitor to come out?

1 hour ago, sanul17 said:

i want to buy a new monitor with 1440p,

since i played mostly single player game (the only competitive game i played is Dota 2) i care more about visual fidelity first, but decent/good response time is welcome

i torn between IPS and VA, currently i have LG 27GL650 F, its really good but i hear VA has deeper black that make the color pop out more, but it has worst peformamne out of three panels and also bad viewing angles, so i think i stick to IPS, unless there is a good VA monitor that exceed IPS choices

currently i have 3 candidates

LG 27GL850F

DELL S2721DGF

MSI MAG274QRF-QD (Quantum Dot Version)

out of three i interested in MSI since its slightly better than other, and from Hardware unboxing i learn that it has decent contrast ratio, something that others lack, but it doesnt hs sRGB mode, therefore the color will be oversaturated, and it should be calibrated with tools

which one do you suggest? is there any better alternative or is it better to WAIT for couple months waiting for beter monitor to come out?

AOC cq27g1 Is what I have. I think the new model is cq27g2. Excellent 1440p for the price. 

honestly calibration is a bit overrated, just tone down saturation and colors a bit and you should be good to go.. 

Also I don't think anyone uses srgb for games, they weren't built in mind with this setting and thus will look "washed out" 

example of my current settings... 

(note this does look more "over saturated" on photo than it really is) 

20201128_151626.thumb.jpg.f7e50749727e637b7a9324dc076b0e9c.jpg

But usually, for more accurate image quality I'd set it to something like 

contrast 54

saturation 49

brightness 69

Also color temp "warm" is crucial 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB