3070ti later or 3070 now?

Consul

If this rumors really true, by the time it's available, it would be out of stocks and you have to wait another 3 months to get your hand on one.

so i guess get anything that's available now.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I haven't kept my self updated during the last month so correct me if I am wrong but 3070ti is still not confirmed by Nvidia right ?

Before any release of 3070ti they will be releasing RTX 3060.

What I am saying is that I believe it will probably be half a year before any possible release of 3070ti

The latest tech will always be replaced by something better so there is no reason to wait forever. 

Even if you wait for 3070ti it will most likely be replaced by a new GPU after 1 year so you can't always wait for the next gen products. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

50 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

so i guess get anything that's available now.

7 minutes ago, Boyohan said:

The latest tech will always be replaced by something better so there is no reason to wait forever. 

Seems like I'll be going with the 3070 whenever it's available then, thanks for the answers!

Just now, Consul said:

Seems like I'll be going with the 3070 whenever it's available then, thanks for the answers!

yes, waiting is a cat and mouse game, it will never end.

once the 3070ti launched, you probably want a 3070super.

i'm sure they will prioritize on making the lower end 3060 possible before AMD have their version for this market.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I'm in a similar boat with the 3060 Ti and 3060. Do I go for the Ti coming out in a week from now or wait and see how the 3060 plain performs with the rumoured more VRAM. I'd be inclined to wait if it weren't for the everpresent stock shortage meaning that I'm very unlikely to get one if I don't jump on it at launch.

better a 3070 now (now meaning in the next 4 months) than a _supposed_ 3070Ti later (a year at best? ) IMHO

12 hours ago, Consul said:

Is it worth waiting for the 3070ti (looking at its rumored specs) or should I just buy an ASUS TUF 3070 OC whenever its available?

My specs: i7 8700k, 16 GB DDR4, 1060 6GB, 1080p monitor

depends on how long you want to wait

with a bunch of next gen games coming out in Q4 I personally wouldn't want to "wait" but that's just me.  

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

16 hours ago, Boyohan said:

of course, but it depends on the time frame obviously, wait 3-6 months for a vastly superior product or get whatever is "available" now? 

I think it'd be well worth the wait. 

However that's not how nvidia plays ball, they want people to double, and best triple dip... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

of course, but it depends on the time frame obviously, wait 3-6 months for a vastly superior product or get whatever is "available" now? 

I think it'd be well worth the wait. 

However that's not how nvidia plays ball, they want people to double, and best triple dip... 

I do agree that it is sometimes worth to wait a little bit.

But Nvidia haven't confirmed anything yet it will probably more than 3-6 months. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9.