Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GTX 1060 ON EXP GDC HELP!!!

Yesterday I got a gtx 1060 6gb OC for $50 to use with my 8250u computer via the EXP GDC.  But I am on linux specifically arch.  (I Have already asked on egpu.io no response)

Apparently the GTX 1060 on the exp gdc requires a really old driver to function.  There is no way I can get this driver on linux.  The dock has not come yet but can I install the latest NVIDIA driver.  I am on Linux and am going to be using a external display.  Is the 368.81 driver issue only on windows?  Or is my dream of using this 1060 dead.

Just some info:  I think that you have to use the old driver cause of a error 43.  Or the card not being recognized.

I am going to be using NGFF to the video card.

My laptop does not have a dGPU in it.

Please comment if you have done this or know anything about it.

Thanks In advance.

3 minutes ago, xXGaming123 said:

Yesterday I got a gtx 1060 6gb OC for $50 to use with my 8250u computer via the EXP GDC.  But I am on linux specifically arch.  (I Have already asked on egpu.io no response)

Apparently the GTX 1060 on the exp gdc requires a really old driver to function.  There is no way I can get this driver on linux.  The dock has not come yet but can I install the latest NVIDIA driver.  I am on Linux and am going to be using a external display.  Is the 368.81 driver issue only on windows?  Or is my dream of using this 1060 dead.

Just some info:  I think that you have to use the old driver cause of a error 43.  Or the card not being recognized.

I am going to be using NGFF to the video card.

My laptop does not have a dGPU in it.

Please comment if you have done this or know anything about it.

Thanks In advance.

is it the mining specific gpu?like the p106,last time i tried using the p106,it also had a code 43 error and in the end it was because the gpu was dead

• 1 month later...