Which is worth buying? Nokia 5.3 or Samsung Galaxy A21s

Go to solution Solved by kartxtpro,
On 11/26/2020 at 6:48 PM, CHA_I_99 said:

Hi there!

After some research on cheap android phones, I’ve shortlisted Samsung Galaxy A21s and Nokia 5.3. But both of them look really similar on paper and most of the reviews are generally positive towards both of them. So, I'm torn on my decision, would love to hear what you guys have to say. Also, do any of you guys have personal experience with either of the phones? If so, how is the experience?

Greatly appreciate you guys taking time to help me. Thank you! :)

If you need fast and a long update cycle and also a better phone overall, go with nokia. But if you need AMOLED screen and a bigger battery, go for Samsung. I'd personally go with Nokia 5.3, but if you go with any of these phones make sure that you buy atleast the 4GB ram variant.

Hi there!

After some research on cheap android phones, I’ve shortlisted Samsung Galaxy A21s and Nokia 5.3. But both of them look really similar on paper and most of the reviews are generally positive towards both of them. So, I'm torn on my decision, would love to hear what you guys have to say. Also, do any of you guys have personal experience with either of the phones? If so, how is the experience?

samsung did commit to providing two years of updates to new devices thre years of android updates for higher end phones. Nokia doesnt have that good of a trackrekord of supporting phones after launch. Also the opensource crowd for samsung devices is bigger since there are more of them in circulation

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 9:58 AM, huilun02 said:

If you are going to get the cheapest model, then go with the Nokia because it starts with more RAM and internal storage. The Nokia will also hold up longer if you take good care of its comparatively smaller (but not small) battery capacity, thanks to its stock Android and Snapdragon chipset.

The Samsung on the other hand, is slightly smaller and better looking aesthetically.

The biggest problem with low budget phones, is that they often come with dengerously little internal storage. Nothing cripples the feel of its operation more than maxed out internal storage. Dont get me wrong, ANY phone is susceptible to this, even $2000 phones. A lower storage capacity simply maxes out faster. Removable storage will not alleviate this problem.

Sorry for the hiatus, but really appreciate your insights. Thank you!

On 11/26/2020 at 7:06 PM, Ruffleduffle said:

samsung did commit to providing two years of updates to new devices thre years of android updates for higher end phones. Nokia doesnt have that good of a trackrekord of supporting phones after launch. Also the opensource crowd for samsung devices is bigger since there are more of them in circulation

I thought Nokia is part of Android one. aren't they?

On 11/26/2020 at 6:48 PM, CHA_I_99 said:

Hi there!

If you need fast and a long update cycle and also a better phone overall, go with nokia. But if you need AMOLED screen and a bigger battery, go for Samsung. I'd personally go with Nokia 5.3, but if you go with any of these phones make sure that you buy atleast the 4GB ram variant.

23 hours ago, kartxtpro said:

Thank you! 

On 12/8/2020 at 4:29 PM, CHA_I_99 said:

I thought Nokia is part of Android one. aren't they?

Android one is a lightweight version of Android that can only run certain apps. Very popular in India because it can allow phones with cheaper hardware to run very snappy.

Nokia has many android one devices and i believe they are one of the main forces behind it, but i am not shure about that part