I have a decision to make1

Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,

wait until the PS5 is more readily available. Have some patience young chipper one. 

So as you know stocks of the new PS5 are basically non-existent at the moment.

I currently own a xbox one S. I am planning on upgrading to a playstation.

Should I wait for a PS5 or get a PS4 Pro now and save some money?

wait until the PS5 is more readily available. Have some patience young chipper one. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

The PS5 is able to play (most) PS4 games, it is backwards compatible (to some extend). The opposite is not true. There will be games in the not too distant future that no longer run on PS4. A new PS4 right now only makes sense if you don't care about any of those upcoming titles at all.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

7 hours ago, Dennis Tech Tips said:

So as you know stocks of the new PS5 are basically non-existent at the moment.

I currently own a xbox one S. I am planning on upgrading to a playstation.

Should I wait for a PS5 or get a PS4 Pro now and save some money?

Wouldn't get either really, the PS5 can only store like 4 games with no expansion available to date.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

17 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

The PS5 is able to play (most) PS4 games, it is backwards compatible (to some extend). The opposite is not true. There will be games in the not too distant future that no longer run on PS4. A new PS4 right now only makes sense if you don't care about any of those upcoming titles at all.

Should add that very few titles are incompatible, namely Hitman Go and P.T., the latter of which was requested by Konami to not be compatible... five years after they removed it from being able to be downloaded.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.