Infamous Second Son - The first 8 minutes

reminds me A LOT of Prototype

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Graphically reminds me of Watchdawgs, but really, my first brothers game on his new 9600gt comp we bought 5 years ago (still the best rig in our house) was Burnout paradise city, but the one he really wanted is Prototype, and i really liked that game, but never had a chance to play it on my bros comp :D

Back when I was a freshman in high school and a console gamer I had a choice between Infamous and Prototype.  I chose Infamous because it was an PS3 exclusive, and it is definitely one of my favorite games to date.  I just wish it wasn't an exclusive now because of the sequels.  But this does remind me to pick up Prototype the next time it's on sale. :D

I believe inFamous' story was worlds beyond Prototype's. But I've only played inFamous 1 and I only know part of Prototype's story.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I believe inFamous' story was worlds beyond Prototype's. But I've only played inFamous 1 and I only know part of Prototype's story.

Prototype's story was alright for what the game wanted to do but it wasn't anything to bother remembering. inFamous and it's sequel are very much comic book in their stories and it works well. Prototype has a better power verity and more things you can do but the world isn't as interesting and Prototype 2 was....Not good.

Don't care because it's a ps4 exclusive.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Don't care because it's a ps4 exclusive.

PS4 is awesome. Though I can understand not wanting to own a console, I fail to see why most people are so "I don't care" about it.

The games are pretty great. Discounting them because they are on one console only seems... silly to me. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

PS4 is awesome. Though I can understand not wanting to own a console, I fail to see why most people are so "I don't care" about it.

The games are pretty great. Discounting them because they are on one console only seems... silly to me. 

Yes, seriosly? PS4 is good, it lacks behind dual triple SLI titans and can't have triple screen setup, but, no one can deny it's goodiness (i just reminded myself of Linus) But seriously? Why would someone want to develop a game for only one platform? So to play them, I need every single next gen console and games for it? THAT seems silly to me and opens a place for a whole new discussion here....

Yes, seriosly? PS4 is good, it lacks behind dual triple SLI titans and can't have triple screen setup, but, no one can deny it's goodiness (i just reminded myself of Linus) But seriously? Why would someone want to develop a game for only one platform? So to play them, I need every single next gen console and games for it? THAT seems silly to me and opens a place for a whole new discussion here....

Simple. It's a way to force you to buy their console if you want their games. 

Is it underhanded? Yes. Does it work? Mostly, yeah. 

The games are good. Most PS exclusives are. And they tend to be unique in most cases (Knack is an extreme example). 

If you want to play every single console exclusive, then yeah, you'd need every single console. But that's not what we are talking about. We are talking about playing inFamous, which only requires a PS4. 

I personally can't think of any notable Xbox exclusive that would make me want an Xbox One. And forget the Wii U. There are too many exclusives I want for that. I'd never have the time or money to play them all. (LoZ and Mario games specifically).

† Christian Member †

Simple. It's a way to force you to buy their console if you want their games. 

Is it underhanded? Yes. Does it work? Mostly, yeah. 

The games are good. Most PS exclusives are. And they tend to be unique in most cases (Knack is an extreme example). 

If you want to play every single console exclusive, then yeah, you'd need every single console. But that's not what we are talking about. We are talking about playing inFamous, which only requires a PS4. 

I personally can't think of any notable Xbox exclusive that would make me want an Xbox One. And forget the Wii U. There are too many exclusives I want for that. I'd never have the time or money to play them all. (LoZ and Mario games specifically).

For older games you could use emulators, or ouya, i like that thing actually, but, Halo? ever wanted to play that?

Back when I was a freshman in high school and a console gamer I had a choice between Infamous and Prototype.  I chose Infamous because it was an PS3 exclusive, and it is definitely one of my favorite games to date.  I just wish it wasn't an exclusive now because of the sequels.  But this does remind me to pick up Prototype the next time it's on sale. :D

prototype (1) is a bit broken (horrible pc port) not sure if fixed

the main problem is that the game will slowly get bloated over time making the game slower but new hardware wont feel the load

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

For older games you could use emulators, or ouya, i like that thing actually, but, Halo? ever wanted to play that?

Halo was actually a pretty good game. I've played 1-3. I wouldn't buy an Xbox strictly to play that one game because it isn't that good, but it was a good game. 

† Christian Member †

Sucker Punch (the developers of inFamous) are owned by Sony so that would kind of be why it's PS4 only. Beyond that, exclusives are made for a number of reasons the biggest one being money. Sony and Microsoft both offer insentives to a lot of studios for exclusives sometimes it's a big check, othertimes it's cross-promotion, or various other insentives that make it a good idea to make exclusives. Also sometimes developers just want to make exclusives.

It's not because I don't think it would be a good game, it's because I refuse to buy platform exclusive games because I hate platform exclusivity. It's bad for developers, and it's bad for gamers. I shouldn't have to own every console and a pc to be able to play certain games. I already have a pc that would run it great if they would let me. I refuse to buy their locked down hardware to play their locked down games.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

It's not because I don't think it would be a good game, it's because I refuse to buy platform exclusive games because I hate platform exclusivity. It's bad for developers, and it's bad for gamers. I shouldn't have to own every console and a pc to be able to play certain games. I already have a pc that would run it great if they would let me. I refuse to buy their locked down hardware to play their locked down games.

That's what emulators are for. They undo the evil that is exclusivity. 

It may be bad for gamers and developers, but it's good for the console companies. Normally, I hate big business (i.e. corporations and the government), and I'm against them, but in this case, I understand why they do it. 

Exclusives are like Kinect or PS4 streaming. Except instead of a feature, it's a game/experience. Something you can only get with that console and not the others. 

While I would prefer that every single game ever were on PC, I understand why they do it. And since Sony's exclusives tend to be reallllly good, I forgive them for it. I personally find Xbox exclusives meh. Kind of always have (rare exceptions include Fable, for example). And don't get me started on Nintendo (though that probably won't last forever).

I understand why people hate it, but I understand why they companies do it. 

Part of my stance on it is probably because I'm buying a PS4 anyway, so I'm not affected by it (though I am very affected by the Wii/Wii U exclusives since I hate motion controls).

Another part of my stance is probably because I grew up on Playstation. It was my second console, and the first one that was "mine". 

I'd probably buy a PS4 anyway if Console Exclusivity wasn't a "thing", simply because PS+ is an amazing deal. I have sooo many PS3, Vita, and PSP games, it's crazy, and I already have 2 PS4 games that I actually want to play and I don't even have a PS4 yet (I have a PS3, I don't own a Vita, and my PSP is broken). 

I'm in a weird gray area of fanboy. I won't buy things blindly. I have to actually see the benefit in something, but I will certainly accept negatives if they don't affect me.

† Christian Member †

As much as i love pc these sorts of games make me wish i had a console to play them.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

That's what emulators are for. They undo the evil that is exclusivity. 

It may be bad for gamers and developers, but it's good for the console companies. Normally, I hate big business (i.e. corporations and the government), and I'm against them, but in this case, I understand why they do it. 

Exclusives are like Kinect or PS4 streaming. Except instead of a feature, it's a game/experience. Something you can only get with that console and not the others. 

While I would prefer that every single game ever were on PC, I understand why they do it. And since Sony's exclusives tend to be reallllly good, I forgive them for it. I personally find Xbox exclusives meh. Kind of always have (rare exceptions include Fable, for example). And don't get me started on Nintendo (though that probably won't last forever).

I understand why people hate it, but I understand why they companies do it. 

Part of my stance on it is probably because I'm buying a PS4 anyway, so I'm not affected by it (though I am very affected by the Wii/Wii U exclusives since I hate motion controls).

Another part of my stance is probably because I grew up on Playstation. It was my second console, and the first one that was "mine". 

I'd probably buy a PS4 anyway if Console Exclusivity wasn't a "thing", simply because PS+ is an amazing deal. I have sooo many PS3, Vita, and PSP games, it's crazy, and I already have 2 PS4 games that I actually want to play and I don't even have a PS4 yet (I have a PS3, I don't own a Vita, and my PSP is broken). 

I'm in a weird gray area of fanboy. I won't buy things blindly. I have to actually see the benefit in something, but I will certainly accept negatives if they don't affect me.

It's NOT bad for developers. More platforms means more money needs to be spent on development, it means more time is needed to make the game, it means more development kits need to be bought, it means staff with experience in those platforms needs to be brought in. It all adds up to it requiring more copies sold to make a good enough profit to make the next title which means more risk to the studio. For small or mid-level studios that simply isn't a viable business plan. Beyond that the money or oth insentives given to console exclusives makes it cheaper or easier on the developer (Sony is apparently really good about working with and helping indie devs) and reduces their initial risk. Now doing delayed releases is a better plan for a lot of developers since they're able to put the profits they earn from the first platform into developing ports, vastly reducing the risk. Exclusives have been a thing ever since there was more than one multi-game console on the market. It hasn't been an issue for over 30 years why is all of a sudden one now?

PS: I don't think ANY WiiU game requires the use of the Wiimote (at least for single player) so there is no motion control stuff.

We went from Infamous to discussing platform limited games. Should i change the title?

I want it so badly :(

Infamous 1 and 2 are some of my favorite games.
I'll just wait till the Ps4 is 200€.
I need a new Blu-Ray player anyways.

RTX2070OC