razer kraken or hyperx cloud flight?

hamoodhabibi

I've been stuck with this question for a while since some of the reviews I watch say that the headphones are good but the some others say that its bad.

I'd appreciate it if someone helps me out, which one should I get of those headphones and why?

the cloud flight is pretty mediocre doesnt sound awful but isnt great  and is completely servicable for gaming. the kraken on the other hand, is actually garbage.  AS much as I like some of razer's prodict they consistently drop the ball when it comes to audio. Ironic cause they own THX lol.

6 minutes ago, rice guru said:

the cloud flight is pretty mediocre doesnt sound awful but isnt great  and is completely servicable for gaming. the kraken on the other hand, is actually garbage.  AS much as I like some of razer's prodict they consistently drop the ball when it comes to audio. Ironic cause they own THX lol.

I was actually about to get the kraken tournament edition, Do i get it or not and why

1 minute ago, hamoodhabibi said:

I was actually about to get the kraken tournament edition, Do i get it or not and why

dont get it. It sounds like garbage. The easiest way for me to show why is the measurements. if you take a look at these measurements they represent why they sound like garbage even from the non gaming perspective.  with meausremtns any dip presented espeiciallyin the mid ragnge will make it sound scooped and your missing out on a lot . in this case for music it will sound kinda hollow and plasticky and not at all natural. in respect to gaming any large dips like this you will miss a good amount of detail in video games especially potential footsteps which is a huge no no for me. 

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-4/graph#796/3992

here is the cloud flight for example. much more balanced sound. this is what we like to see when it comes to gaming and even music. 

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-4/graph#629/3992

For reference here is what I consider to be an excellent headphone for gaming and music.  the dt 770. as you can see everything is fairly balanced except for the treble peaks which I consider to be good for gaming as that brings details like footsteps more forward. 

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-4/graph#440/3992

16 hours ago, rice guru said:

dont get it. It sounds like garbage. The easiest way for me to show why is the measurements. if you take a look at these measurements they represent why they sound like garbage even from the non gaming perspective.  with meausremtns any dip presented espeiciallyin the mid ragnge will make it sound scooped and your missing out on a lot . in this case for music it will sound kinda hollow and plasticky and not at all natural. in respect to gaming any large dips like this you will miss a good amount of detail in video games especially potential footsteps which is a huge no no for me. 

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-4/graph#796/3992

here is the cloud flight for example. much more balanced sound. this is what we like to see when it comes to gaming and even music. 

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-4/graph#629/3992

For reference here is what I consider to be an excellent headphone for gaming and music.  the dt 770. as you can see everything is fairly balanced except for the treble peaks which I consider to be good for gaming as that brings details like footsteps more forward. 

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-4/graph#440/3992

I already ordered the razer kraken TE, ill check how they sound, if they sound bad ill return them

I'm using the Kraken Tournament Edition at the moment, and actually its pretty good, i like how the music sounds, the bass sounds great, noises in games sound great.

I dont know why did u tell me all this negative comments about it, It actually sounds pretty nice

3 hours ago, hamoodhabibi said:

I'm using the Kraken Tournament Edition at the moment, and actually its pretty good, i like how the music sounds, the bass sounds great, noises in games sound great.

I dont know why did u tell me all this negative comments about it, It actually sounds pretty nice

Glad you like it. If it's good to your ears that's good and you made a good purchase. To my preferences and personal experience I think it's pretty bad. But I'd you think it's good thats on you. We all have different ears after all.

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

Glad you like it. If it's good to your ears that's good and you made a good purchase. To my preferences and personal experience I think it's pretty bad. But I'd you think it's good thats on you. We all have different ears after all.

Oof. I don't think he has heard audio better than that so probably hard for him to truly hear the difference if he hasn't tried more "audiophile" solutions out there.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

1 hour ago, Tigerleon said:

Oof. I don't think he has heard audio better than that so probably hard for him to truly hear the difference if he hasn't tried more "audiophile" solutions out there.

aggreed but he already spent his money and seems happy with it and thats all that matter

10 hours ago, rice guru said:

aggreed but he already spent his money and seems happy with it and thats all that matter

true