"The Guardian" Corsair 350D Build

Trail Mixorz

ZfBIyrm.png

Hello everyone. Trail Mixorz here with my first build log! This won't be a complete build because I'm keeping my GPU and PSU from my current rig, but will be upgrading everything else.

I'm calling it "The Guardian" because I'm trying to trade for a Stattrak Guardian M4A1-S in CS:GO and that's what's on my mind right now  :P subject to change whenever I feel like it.

Sorry for the bad quality pics, taken with my Galaxy S4.

SPECS:
Intel i5 4670K - Owned
Zotac 670 4GB - Owned
Asus Gryphon w/ Armor Kit - Owned
G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) @1866MHz - Owned
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB - Owned
Seagate Barracuda 3TB - Owned
Kingwin Lazer 850W - Owned
Corsair 350D Windowed - Owned
Scythe Gentle Typhoon (x3) - Owned

Windows 8.1 -Owned
5050 RGB LEDs - Owned

Here we'll start with purchasing the goods. Started off by ordering the RAM and drives off Newegg, and while waiting for that to come, I took a drive to Microcenter and picked up my case and CPU.

vdp4.jpg

Here's (mostly) everything

pir9.jpg

Seems that I forgot to include my cpu in that pic, so here she is. Dat original price. Got this baby for $190.

pk0u.jpg

This was an impulse buy but it was at least on sale and I don't regret it! 500GB ftw! Oh and dat 3TB  ;)

1mc3.jpg

Here's my 8GB C9 Sniper Ram which is gonna be running @1866

9e7n.jpg

Mobo and armor kit, great decision to get this. Thank you @@SAV1OUR for convincing me to get this  :P

lz8i.jpg

The gpu that's coming from my current rig, might upgrade down the line, but not really needed right now.

6h56.jpg

Internet adapter since mine is currently dying and dropping connection, and an adapter to put my HDD in a 5.25" bay

rwih.jpg

Thanks for checking this out, building this tomorrow after school. For your time, here's a picture of my friend that looks like a black Vince Vaughn.

mt2a.jpg

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

The 350D and 250D are the only Obsidian cases I like.  Looking forward to this! I would replace the PSU first if you do any upgrades, seems a bit sketchy.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

why not a gryphon or a gene? i just dont like gigabyte micro atx motherboard :S but thats my opinion followed for the 350D awesomeness :D 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I absolutely love the 350d. I cant wait to see how this one turns out.

Me too, beautiful small case.

The 350D and 250D are the only Obsidian cases I like. Looking forward to this! I would replace the PSU first if you do any upgrades, seems a bit sketchy.

No need. It's been serving me perfect without a hiccup for more than a year now. Idk why everyone says it seems sketchy. Has no one heard of kingwin beforem

why not a gryphon or a gene? i just dont like gigabyte micro atx motherboard :S but thats my opinion followed for the 350D awesomeness :D

I'm going for a neutral colored build for rbg leds and the small amount of blue would be less noticeable than the red on the gene or the brown on the gryphon

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Me too, beautiful small case.

No need. It's been serving me perfect without a hiccup for more than a year now. Idk why everyone says it seems sketchy. Has no one heard of kingwin beforem

I'm going for a neutral colored build for rbg leds and the small amount of blue would be less noticeable than the red on the gene or the brown on the gryphon

the thermal armour makes the groyphon black 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

the thermal armour makes the groyphon black

aw man you're making me want to get it now since I didn't order my mobo yet. Brb checking prices :P

aw man you're making me want to get it now since I didn't order my mobo yet. Brb checking prices :P

YESSSSSS TUFF 4LYF! <333333333333333

Specs

Double post

YESSSSSS TUFF 4LYF! <333333333333333

Well at 80 dollars more idk if it's a good investment

Well at 80 dollars more idk if it's a good investment

it is 

5 years warranty

cool thermal armour

better ocing

thats just off the top of my head but id get it  

Specs

it is

5 years warranty

cool thermal armour

better ocing

thats just off the top of my head but id get it

screw it, birthdays in a few days I'll treat myself to this. Gryphon with armor kit it is

Gryphon w/ Armor Kit Is a good m-atx m/board and if you want you can paint the armor kit camo or what ever colour you want, or you can buy special sticky back clear A4 project paper for your printer and print out your own logo and cut it out and stick it on.

got to love Asus components

THE 350D IS TAKING OVERRRRRRR.  nah, should be nice build  :)

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Update: Just received my ram, ssd, and hdd. Updated original post with picture. Thanks for checking it out!

Seems promising!

I know your mailbox...

Quick update: Motherboard and armor kit ordered as well as some Arctic silver 5 and a 3.5" to 5.25" adapter. Probably ordering LED strips and fans later tonight. Also, gotta go back to microcenter. They gave me non-windowed version of the 350D. So frustrating.

I like how the 500GB SSD was an impulse buy.  :D  Looking forward to this.

Quick update: Last of the build was purchased. Wireless adapter, windows 8.1, rgb leds (which I'm still not sure will work lol), will update in a few days when I get the last of my parts in the mail, then the fun part!

Oh yeah then I have to go to microcenter and replace the wrong case they gave me. Expect finished build by the weekend.

Quick update: just got the armor for my motherboard in the mail and I'm going to microcenter after school. Maybe building tonight.

Good luck and enjoy building your pc! Just finished building my 250d few days ago

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

Almost last update!

UPDATING EVERY PICTURE IN ORIGINAL POST

Finally got every last part I need, including LED strips and all. Parts are ready for the building process (tomorrow)

Oh man looking forward to this, I love the 350D! 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

+1 for gentle typhoons. Love those dam fans to death :D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089