3600 ram stuck at 2133mhz with XMP enabled.

5 minutes ago, Burger_ said:

ok i change it to cl 18 cus thats what my ram is rated at

if it's running fine then that's great, I hope the other timings worked out as well

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

if it's running fine then that's great, I hope the other timings worked out as well

i will tell if it works or not

9 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Is this the correct cl and frequency? I did set to 18 but it says 15 for some reason and i think the frequency lowered 

9 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Yea is back to 2133 let me change it back

10 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Now i think is fineimage.png.4773b77332696e5299962941862a3f1c.png

1 hour ago, Burger_ said:

Now i think is fineimage.png.4773b77332696e5299962941862a3f1c.png

Looks ok

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Nvm 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

12 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Looks ok

o ok thx so much

Download ryzen dram calc and trim some of these down. tRC and tFRC still have noticeable impact and you have them quite high.

On 11/21/2020 at 1:39 PM, RainingTacco said:

Download ryzen dram calc and trim some of these down. tRC and tFRC still have noticeable impact and you have them quite high.

I have downloaded it but how do I start it? Its just a bunch of files in the folder I downloaded. 

On 11/20/2020 at 10:10 PM, Fasauceome said:

Looks ok

Hello again! So my ram when back to 2133mhz again for some reason. When I went back in bios, everything looked good. The multiplier was at 36. What should I do? image.png.9e740cc3aa0e621e69c26572207a5086.pngimage.png.376d27c24d119c5777b9946bf3cb90e9.png

52 minutes ago, Burger_ said:

Hello again! So my ram when back to 2133mhz again for some reason. When I went back in bios, everything looked good. The multiplier was at 36. What should I do? 

I'm really not sure why your PC is doing this, try poking around in ryzen master to see if you can get it to work

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I'm really not sure why your PC is doing this, try poking around in ryzen master to see if you can get it to work

I cant change anything in ryzen master. And i think it when back because I updated my bios. What should I do? When I try to switch it to 3600 it stays at 2133

4 minutes ago, Burger_ said:

I cant change anything in ryzen master. And i think it when back because I updated my bios. What should I do? When I try to switch it to 3600 it stays at 2133

By this point you should follow a ram overclocking guide for your motherboard since it's not playing nicely with XMP.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

By this point you should follow a ram overclocking guide for your motherboard since it's not playing nicely with XMP.

I am not using XMP tho

5 minutes ago, Burger_ said:

I am not using XMP tho

Setting a speed for the ram without changing anything like voltage won't help you. 

Also when you say the ram stays at 2133, is that with or without rebooting the computer?

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Setting a speed for the ram without changing anything like voltage won't help you. 

Which ocing guide do u recommend? Send link.

Just now, Burger_ said:

Which ocing guide do u recommend? Send link.

I don't have one off the top of my head, just search for gigabyte motherboards OC guide

Primary PC: