3600 ram stuck at 2133mhz with XMP enabled.

My ram (16gb Trident Z rgb 3600 cl 18) is stuck at 2133mhz with xmp profile enabled. I also think thats the reason why my games are crashing a lot. I think it is also the motherboard's problem because, Ive read that my motherboard (aorus x570 elite wifi) doesn't work with g. skill 3600 ram. Is that true? If it is, can I fix it? Here is my other pc specs if it helps: asus rog strix 2070 (not super) and ryzen 7 3700x.

Are there multiple XMP profiles available?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

14 minutes ago, Burger_ said:

My ram (16gb Trident Z rgb 3600 cl 18) is stuck at 2133mhz with xmp profile enabled. I also think thats the reason why my games are crashing a lot. I think it is also the motherboard's problem because, Ive read that my motherboard (aorus x570 elite wifi) doesn't work with g. skill 3600 ram. Is that true? If it is, can I fix it? Here is my other pc specs if it helps: asus rog strix 2070 (not super) and ryzen 7 3700x.

Why do you think your ram is running at 2133? 

I know a lot of people who look at a hardware monitor for the first time and see 2133 somewhere in it and think that's their ram speed when it's just listing the base speed of 2133, not their speed. 

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Are there multiple XMP profiles available?

What do u mean by that? I have XMP profile 1 enabled.

8 minutes ago, terminalinfinity said:

Why do you think your ram is running at 2133? 

I know a lot of people who look at a hardware monitor for the first time and see 2133 somewhere in it and think that's their ram speed when it's just listing the base speed of 2133, not their speed. 

I saw it in bios and in task manger. 

Just now, Burger_ said:

What do u mean by that? I have XMP profile 1 enabled.

Any difference with XMP profile 2?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Any difference with XMP profile 2?

there is no profile 2

3 minutes ago, Burger_ said:

there is no profile 2

Have you tried manually setting the speed?

Primary PC:

Yes but for some reason the the ram speed settings are different. It is a ram speed multiplier and when I move it up, it still stays the same at 2133

42 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Have you tried manually setting the speed?

Yes but for some reason the the ram speed settings are different. It is a ram speed multiplier and when I move it up, it still stays the same at 2133

6 minutes ago, Burger_ said:

In the BIOS the listed speed wouldn't change until you restarted

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

In the BIOS the listed speed wouldn't change until you restarted

o ok but how do i get to 3600? bc its a multiplier not like a list of frequencies 

Just now, Burger_ said:

o ok but how do i get to 3600? bc its a multiplier not like a list of frequencies 

I can't remember the aorus BIOS settings off the top of my head but the ram speeds should be pretty easy to understand, you're saying you can't select a speed at all and only the multiplier?

I mean, setting the multiplier to 36 would be what you want but it should theoretically be set to auto with the frequency at 3600

Primary PC:

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I can't remember the aorus BIOS settings off the top of my head but the ram speeds should be pretty easy to understand, you're saying you can't select a speed at all and only the multiplier?

I mean, setting the multiplier to 36 would be what you want but it should theoretically be set to auto with the frequency at 3600

Yes that is what im saying. and the auto used to be 36 but after i updated the bios the auto is now 2 point something i think. Ive read that my mobo doesnt support 3600 g skill ram. is that true?

29 minutes ago, Burger_ said:

Yes that is what im saying. and the auto used to be 36 but after i updated the bios the auto is now 2 point something i think. Ive read that my mobo doesnt support 3600 g skill ram. is that true?

It's not explicitly incompatible. That specific ram might not be on the QVL but the QVL doesn't mean much.

I'm assuming the multiplier is 21.13 since your ram is running at 2133?

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

It's not explicitly incompatible. That specific ram might not be on the QVL but the QVL doesn't mean much.

I'm assuming the multiplier is 21.13 since your ram is running at 2133?

not sure. so do I try 36? and what voltage?

49 minutes ago, Burger_ said:

not sure. so do I try 36? and what voltage?

For ram, the auto voltage from XMP is fine

Primary PC:

15 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

o ok thx i will tell u if it works

8 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Ok so i think it works now i am not sure. Is this 3600mhz? image.thumb.png.09993641fca8442660627773cea71ddb.png

On 11/19/2020 at 7:20 PM, Burger_ said:

Ok so i think it works now i am not sure. Is this 3600mhz? 

yeah

if you want to be very sure, download CPU-Z and see if the speed is listed as 1800. You can also check the latency and make sure your CL multiplier isn't like 25 or something

Primary PC:

10 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

image.png.79016b6994dcccab558a9939b9de548c.png

yeah

if you want to be very sure, download CPU-Z and see if the speed is listed as 1800. You can also check the latency and make sure your CL multiplier isn't like 25 or something

Can i use GPU Z because i already have it installed

10 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

yeah

nvm that does say anything about ram ok i will download cpu z

11 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

yeah

Is this right?image.png.1efea054eae1f440821b17cdb7acad96.png

1 hour ago, Burger_ said:

Is this right?image.png.1efea054eae1f440821b17cdb7acad96.png

The frequency is correct, but CL 26 is really high. You might want to take a peek at the BIOS to lower your timings as well, but that's a bit more involved.

Primary PC:

13 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The frequency is correct, but CL 26 is really high. You might want to take a peek at the BIOS to lower your timings as well, but that's a bit more involved.

ok i change it to cl 18 cus thats what my ram is rated at