Learning to overclock my Memory now I'm stuck in 2133

Chronoscoph

Hi guys, I need a little help,

been learning to overclock my PC , i'm, not a pro when it comes to overclocking.

aaanndd I tried to overclock my memory with better timing and now i'm stuck with slower memory speed, I'm using Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32G 18-22-22-42 3600 Mhz and i tried to change the clock timing from auto to 16-16-16-36 and it didnt post, when I booted up again trying to set it back to my default speed, my memory speed defaulted to 15-15-15-30 or something. I'm confused when I tried to change it back to 14-22-22-42 and 3600Mhz it wont post.

I'm Using Asus Strix b550-e motherboard for reference.

10 hours ago, Chronoscoph said:

I tried to change it back to 14-22-22-42 and 3600Mhz it wont post.

I'm Using Asus Strix b550-e motherboard for reference.

Just a piece of advice with Asus motherboards: 
1) save an "OC Profile" for your basic default settings, DOCP/XMP settings, and any overclock you are working on separately. You will have to reset your bios many times so loading a profile helps get back to a known stable
2) When it comes to memory overclocking I would suggest turning off all quick boot options in the bios, start with fairly loose timings and work your way up in terms of frequency or down in terms of timings a step or two at a time. Ryzen Dram Calculator gives some decent setting suggestions but I would start using slightly looser timings at first
3) Once you have settings that boot into windows reliably test with memtest86+ or some tool of similar quality, I boot into the tool with a usb when testing memory personally. The number of passes required depends on how stable you need the machine to be, if your are working with or storing important files on this PC I suggest you test thoroughly

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 5:20 PM, boggy77 said:

just try to enable docp and leave it like that. 

Yeah done it after clearing CMOS and it still stuck in 15-15-15-30, have to manually change it and turning on DOCP and finally my pc turning on normally hahaha thanks btw

On 11/20/2020 at 2:59 AM, Arrogath said:

Just a piece of advice with Asus motherboards: 
1) save an "OC Profile" for your basic default settings, DOCP/XMP settings, and any overclock you are working on separately. You will have to reset your bios many times so loading a profile helps get back to a known stable
2) When it comes to memory overclocking I would suggest turning off all quick boot options in the bios, start with fairly loose timings and work your way up in terms of frequency or down in terms of timings a step or two at a time. Ryzen Dram Calculator gives some decent setting suggestions but I would start using slightly looser timings at first
3) Once you have settings that boot into windows reliably test with memtest86+ or some tool of similar quality, I boot into the tool with a usb when testing memory personally. The number of passes required depends on how stable you need the machine to be, if your are working with or storing important files on this PC I suggest you test thoroughly

thanks for the suggestions finally found the right timing for my ram