MOBO:MSI X570 TOMAHAWK

CPU:RYZEN 7 5800X

RAM:G.SKILL TRIDENT Z 4133MHZ CL19 16GB

SSD SAMSUNG 860

GPU: GTX 1060 (WAITING FOR UPGRADE)

PSU:CORSAIR HX850 PLATINUM 850W

CPU COOLER: BE QUIET DARK ROCK PRO 4

CASE: PHANTEKS P400S

I begun with bios update to the latest one(bios flash back button).i assembeled cabel managed .

Had to adjust bios settings to find not only uefi ssd s but csm also so i dont have to reinstall windows.

I set to xmp1 and launched to windows.

CPU idle is around 34-38celsius (ambient is 23)but for the smallest tasks it jumps up like to 50.(ryzen master temp read)while ingame for like 10minits temps are 60-70(Hw info read out)

Prime95 on 16thread with max heat  for maybe 2mins is throthling at 80celsius.with an agressive fancure 65celsius is 100% fan speed.

Voltage jumping to 1.5V.

Ram is on 2066mhz cpu-z thats ok but timing is wrong everything got +1.it should be cl19. But is is cl20 and so the other numbers.Need to check votage i forgot it.

(Ram tuning is new for me)

I would like to find some proper ram setting i cant figure what to change so i dont do any harm.

Iam afraid of the temps on the cpu i upgraded from asus board i5 4690k all core oc 4.5ghz with 1.24V it was aircooled with thermaltake frio 2fans never got above 60celsius.

When i figured out the ram problem and the heat on the cpu i will try some cinebench.

But first could you suggest some places where i can find a good ram setting for dumies site or just something i can work with?

Also if you know a good MSI bios setting or what to change so my core speed and voltages dont jump around.This is my 1msi board i like so far the asus more the bios was easy to overclock ,but the msi got those good vrm and it was cheaper too.

I tried dram calculator ehh it wont work for me for now.

I finished the build Yesterday like 11pm, so iam writing this from work if i get home i can put more data if you need something.

So far if someone solved issues like this please feel free to post solutions.

Thx .

Can't really help for the ram timings, 'cause I never faced this issue, but I can say your temps are pretty fine, and the same can be said for Vcore. Ryzen always been like that since Ryzen 3000. It's espected behavior, AMD already made it clear. You shouldn't be worred. 
Temps are a bit high since it's a chiplet design. Cpu dies ( one for the 5800X, but it can be 2 dies for Ryzen 9s ) are small and very dense, making it a little point with a rather big heat outpout. 

At 4133 on the memory, your FCLK is most likely out of sync; or you must've gotten a hell of a CPU to run 2066MHz FCLK. 

(you could check what your FCLK is running at with HWiNFO64)

Lower your memory speed to say 3800 and the FCLK to 1900MHz (or 3866/1933 or higher if your CPU's Infinity Fabric allows for it), and then disable gear-down mode for the timings.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

7 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

At 4133 on the memory, your FCLK is most likely out of sync, since you must've gotten a hell of a CPU to run 2066MHz FCLK. 

Lower your memory speed to say 3800 and the FCLK to 1900MHz (or 3866/1933 or higher if your CPU's FCLK allows for it), and then disable gear-down mode for the timings.

I get home after 5oclock , i will look for FCLK.cpu-z was the one writing 2066 i asume double chanel so i got the 4132.

The rest you suggesting is bit chinese to me ,but i will try my best and reply.

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

At 4133 on the memory, your FCLK is most likely out of sync; or you must've gotten a hell of a CPU to run 2066MHz FCLK. 

Lower your memory speed to say 3800 and the FCLK to 1900MHz (or 3866/1933 or higher if your CPU's Infinity Fabric allows for it), and then disable gear-down mode for the timings.

There's something different about these 5000 series CPUs and how they handle IF instability/errors.  I can boot and be seemingly okay at 2000 FCLK until I run any memory test and look for WHEA errors, at which point it becomes very apparent I'm unstable.

With my 3600 I'd just straight hit a no boot wall at 1933

1 hour ago, Gbe said:

I get home after 5oclock , i will look for FCLK.cpu-z was the one writing 2066 i asume double chanel so i got the 4132.

The rest you suggesting is bit chinese to me ,but i will try my best and reply.

Look in Ryzen Master for "Coupled Mode"

image.png.a403241003114624301c70262f00eb93.png

this is ryzen master and a peace of hw info , i find a way to load memmory profiles i loaded one but now the cpu is only doing 3.8ghz

ltt.PNG

ltt now.PNG

ltt bench.PNG

Edited by Gbe
edited made a cinebench you can see score and somehow managed to set up ram,and run cpu-z stress so i can see what is the problem this EDC is it i think i have to google it what it means.

Did you set those VDDG voltages manually?  Those shouldn't be higher than your SOC voltage -0.04

I can also see the CPU boosting to 4.6GHz in the 2nd photo.

Did you run a memory stability test to make sure everything is stable?

20 minutes ago, terminalinfinity said:

Did you set those VDDG voltages manually?  Those shouldn't be higher than your SOC voltage -0.04

I can also see the CPU boosting to 4.6GHz in the 2nd photo.

Did you run a memory stability test to make sure everything is stable?

i set only the ram voltage 1.35 else is auto,ohh and the timing of the ram from a profile in bios which was 3800mhz with cl18
cpu boost now to 4.8ghz but i think the voltage is too much and this EDC is like throthling the cpu
havent made any test beside gaming on it, few hours pubg and warzone for some minits.feel free to suggest a test or something similar to see if there is no error.

9 hours ago, Gbe said:

i set only the ram voltage 1.35 else is auto,ohh and the timing of the ram from a profile in bios which was 3800mhz with cl18
cpu boost now to 4.8ghz but i think the voltage is too much and this EDC is like throthling the cpu
havent made any test beside gaming on it, few hours pubg and warzone for some minits.feel free to suggest a test or something similar to see if there is no error.

Yeah I'd keep it (the ram frequency of 3800) there.  The bandwidth increase from the jump to 4100+ won't be enough to offset the latency hit from decoupling IF/RAM.

The first step now is to back down those VDDG voltages to .04 under your SOC and do a memory test like OCCT, Karhu or HCI Memtest.

The Ryzen RAM calculator contains a modified version of HCI memtest that allows it to run multiple instances simultaneously to test large ram configurations.  I think 1usmus also made a couple tweaks to make it even more intensive than the original version. 

I'd personally suggest OCCT first since you can test for memory stability AND watch for WHEA errors, which come from IF instability (Generally)

Memory errors can sometimes be silent(until they're not).  It's not enough to just test doing your normal routine.

You turned on PBO which means its going to boost until it hits one of its internal or external targets temp, current and voltage wise. You can manually bring down EDC, TDC and PPU one at a time to see if you get better boost behavior/temps. 

Now this is how it looks, i will run memory tests and search for errors just point me please where should i look.

This ram settings timings are ok? trfc 666?

And can i do something with this EDC because it hits 100 percent under load and after the clocks drop to around 4.5ghz or less.

ltt 1120.PNG

ram2011.PNG

occt.PNG

Edited by Gbe
EDIT:OK i run cctv for 11mins already a lot of errors.How can i identify those or the reason?

Your Infinity Fabric is unstable.  Try 1.125 SOC voltage and if that doesn't work 1.15

We can work on your RAM timings once your stable.  Getting a stable baseline is paramount in RAM tuning

You're going to hit 100% of something in the power envelope, especially w/ PBO enabled unless you're undervolting so hard it can't. 

Unknown Error Source
Hibatípus: Bus/Interconnect Error

i found this while searching for error in the log while OCCT runs this pops up like every minit.
I will try  the SOC adjustment.
Thank you for looking over me!

Just now, Gbe said:

Unknown Error Source
Hibatípus: Bus/Interconnect Error

i found this while searching for error in the log while OCCT runs this pops up like every minit.
I will try  the SOC adjustment.
Thank you for looking over me!

No problem.  The fact that you only have 21 rather than hundreds after 10 minutes of testing tells me we're on the threshold of stability.  Should just be a bump in voltage away.

2 minutes ago, terminalinfinity said:

No problem.  The fact that you only have 21 rather than hundreds after 10 minutes of testing tells me we're on the threshold of stability.  Should just be a bump in voltage away.

Which should i change ?two obthem have soc in name.

16058720160651459029212.jpg

Just now, Gbe said:

Which should i change ?two obthem have soc in name.

16058720160651459029212.jpg

CPU NB/SoC Voltage from auto to 1.125

If all you're after is stability at this point, may as well turn on GDM and change the command rate to 1T.

11 minutes ago, terminalinfinity said:

CPU NB/SoC Voltage from auto to 1.125

i went straight with 1.15V and after 7mins Occt no error so far. Thank you soo much.

straight to soc 115.PNG

Just now, Gbe said:

i went straight with 1.15V and after 7mins Occt no error so far. Thank you soo much.

straight to soc 115.PNG

Keep it running.  Need to check for memory errors.  Let it run for the full hour OCCT allows (assuming you're on the free version)
I would then double check by downloading Ryzen Ram calculator which has HCI memtest built in.  Select memtest, and I'd let it run to 1000% coverage on all threads.

in occt i started a new test for memory but pulled it up to 86 percent , it is doing it but it keeps lagging the occt and other stuff i do :D 6minits no error so far.
i have ryzen ram calculator on my pc version 1.7.3 there is no support for 3gen in it yet,but i will check HCI memtest.

this was running until now no errors i think it will be fine.

memtest.PNGMy cinebech scores are not so good what is the reason or is it possible to get the fabrick clock to 2000mhz? if i set it i have to reset cmos everytime.

Edited by Gbe