Build Appraisal

I_nochi

Currently using a laptop, so im trying to get something around 1500 dollars right now. Going to buy the majority of the stuff during black friday

Budget (including currency): 1500-1700 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA, Emulation, Minecraft, Genshin Impact, 123D Design and Photoshop

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

5 minutes ago, help_pls said:

probably better to use stock cooler.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Just now, help_pls said:

Currently using a laptop, so im trying to get something around 1500 dollars right now. Going to buy the majority of the stuff during black friday

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA, Emulation, Minecraft, Genshin Impact, 123D Design and Photoshop

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

-Just use the stock cooler
-Your spending way to much for a 5700XT
-Just get a better case, so you don't have to get all those case fans
-Try to get a better PSU with the money you saved by not going w the stock cooler

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

-Your spending way to much for a 5700XT

yipes, that is indeed one overpriced 5700 xt, you can generally get a new for around 440 - 380, 600 is wayyyy to steep for a rx 5700 xt

Hmm. It's a bit problematic to buy a computer that will have Photoshop and games with only 500 gigs of storage. NVMe isn't that necessary, Switch to a more generic 2.5'' SSD with 1 TB (could be like 10-$20 more, but definitely worth it.)

Kill the fans, and maybe get a cheaper mother board (they don't really impact performance that much). I think that with that you can fit a 3070 in your budget, which is a way better value than the 5700.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

20 minutes ago, Downkey said:

-Just get a better case, so you don't have to get all those case fans
-Try to get a better PSU with the money you saved by not going w the stock cooler

you should use case fans, you need airflow over the motherboard, that PSU is a tier B and is perfectly fine for this build

6 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

Kill the fans, and maybe get a cheaper mother board (they don't really impact performance that much).

if anything a better motherboard would be in order, the vrms on it are rather shit

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

you should use case fans, you need airflow over the motherboard, that PSU is a tier B and is perfectly fine for this build

if anything a better motherboard would be in order, the vrms on it are rather shit

Maybe things changed when I wasn't hardcore into PC's for the past two years, but in 2018 the consensus was that the motherboard really doesn't impact performance, and you only needed fancy VRMs if you really cared about overclocking or had a very high end system. I'd love to be corrected though.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Notice: Not using photoshop or 123D design professionally, just as a hobby. I know i only have 500 GBs of storage, and im fine with it (trust me i had to live with less then 250 GBs before).

Notice 2: This is a revised version of my other list.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Rn im using a 1080p 75hz display and a 4k 60hz for creative uses, i know its not the best, but it will do.

Also, i chose a cheap tier 6 cooler (from the tier list), so if anybody have any suggestions please tell me, thank you.

Notice: Not using photoshop or 123D design professionally, just as a hobby. I know i only have 500 GBs of storage, and im fine with it (trust me i had to live with less then 250 GBs before).

Notice 2: This is a revised version of my other list.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Right now im using a 1080p 75 hz display, and a 4k 60hz for creative uses, i know its not the best, but it will do for now. Im also trying to figure out what to do with the cooling, not really sure what to use so i just picked a cheap tier 6 (from the tier list), if anybody has any other advices please tell me, thank you.

I'd get a 5800X or 5600X over the 3800XT, though you may have to wait a little longer for them to come in stock. I'd also spend a bit more on a CPU cooler. Also I'd get a hard drive for mass storage over another SSD, for day to day performance you're fine with the one you have. I'd get a 3070 over the 5700XT, it is a bit more and it might be hard to find stock but it will outperform the 5700XT by a lot and CUDA has better optimization for productivity.

Just now, Coolmaster said:

I'd get a 5800X or 5600X over the 3800XT, though you may have to wait a little longer for them to come in stock. I'd also spend a bit more on a CPU cooler. Also I'd get a hard drive for mass storage over another SSD, for day to day performance you're fine with the one you have. I'd get a 3070 over the 5700XT, it is a bit more and it might be hard to find stock but it will outperform the 5700XT by a lot and CUDA has better optimization for productivity.

This would probably bring the price over budget, so maybe just go for a better cooler and a 3070

1 minute ago, Coolmaster said:

Thanks, but most likely im not going to get a 3070 due to the limited stock here in Canada. Although the 5800X and 5600X might be a option considering there is some stock left here.

1 hour ago, Emergence177013 said:

This would probably bring the price over budget, so maybe just go for a better cooler and a 3070

You could save some money going with a 3700X or a 5600X, not a 5800X.

1 minute ago, Coolmaster said:

You could save some money going with a 3700X or a 5600X, not a 5800X.

3700x included in my list above

*** Threads merged ***

Please keep this in one thread. Its easier for all of us.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv