First PC for girlfriend for Christmas!

megab2000

Budget (including currency): 100-200 - Preferably 100-150

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Skyrim/Oblivion - Similar low graphics games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey guys,

So I am planning on building my girlfriend a PC for christmas, it'll be a very basic computer performance wise. Basically I wanna make it look pretty for her.

My plan is to use old cpu/mobo/ram/gpu parts that are just laying around:

CPU: i5-6400

GPU: GTX 1050

Mobo: MSI B150M Mortar

Ram: 16gb Hyper X Fury DDR4

But I want to get her a smallish case (mini/micro atx) with a window so that she can see the custom cabling and her parts. Or just a nice case then she wont need to look in and I wont get custom cabling :D

Could you guys help me with a case/modular psu and potentially custom psu cables (pink-ish if possible)

34 minutes ago, megab2000 said:

Budget (including currency): 100-200 - Preferably 100-150

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Skyrim/Oblivion - Similar low graphics games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey guys,

So I am planning on building my girlfriend a PC for christmas, it'll be a very basic computer performance wise. Basically I wanna make it look pretty for her.

My plan is to use old cpu/mobo/ram/gpu parts that are just laying around:

CPU: i5-6400

GPU: GTX 1050

Mobo: MSI B150M Mortar

Ram: 16gb Hyper X Fury DDR4

But I want to get her a smallish case (mini/micro atx) with a window so that she can see the custom cabling and her parts. Or just a nice case then she wont need to look in and I wont get custom cabling :D

Could you guys help me with a case/modular psu and potentially custom psu cables (pink-ish if possible)

Me being totally an amd guy, REPLACE THAT i5 WITH A Ryzen5, (my opinion), 

I said that because the integrated gpu on the ryzen 5 is about the same of the gtx 1050, so u don't need to buy a dedicated gpu. 

Buy new GPU and maybe an SSD? If you think it has enough power, then just SSD and maybe a "Girlfriendly" case. Girls like a clean and pretty PC.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

17 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Buy new GPU and maybe an SSD? If you think it has enough power, then just SSD and maybe a "Girlfriendly" case. Girls like a clean and pretty PC.

Nah she doesn't need a more powerful GPU really to play Oblivion :D But yeah don't know what case to buy thats my problem :D

As these are old parts, make sure that they are in good condition. Sorry for not reading that you will make this from parts laying around.