HELP! Strix 3080 RGB not working 20 min out of the box!!!

anthonyc813

oh my god.
i downloaded all the software on the asus site as per instructions. did the Aura Sync and Armory package and was able to play with the lighting effects.

Then i did the BIOSupdate... now I cannot get the light bar on. uninstalled everything and re downloaded. nothing.

can I uninstall this BIOS update?? please say I did not break a 1000 card in 20 minutes of using. dont even know where to find the file!

image.thumb.png.4fb62dee116180966ecf2145b39e0512.png

BIOS updating a graphics card is never recommended unless you're trying to solve a specific problem with its function.

you can flash the older BIOS back on, but if something has gone wrong and you can't fix it you will need to send it in for RMA.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

BIOS updating a graphics card is never recommended unless you're trying to solve a specific problem with its function.

you can flash the older BIOS back on, but if something has gone wrong you will need to send it in for RMA.

F*****************************************************************************

no way!!!! oh my god how do I do this?!!?! why would they list the BIOS update on the site!?!?

Just now, anthonyc813 said:

no way!!!! oh my god how do I do this?!!?! why would they list the BIOS update on the site!?!?

you can contact them for assistance if you are having trouble finding other versions of the BIOS file

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

you can contact them for assistance if you are having trouble finding other versions of the BIOS file

holy shit i broke a strix 3080. you gotta be kidding. the card is being detected by Nvida Gforce stuff and even the asus lighting software. how do i flash back?

1 minute ago, anthonyc813 said:

how do i flash back?

You would do the exact same thing you just did to flash your current BIOS, just with a different BIOS version.

Did you try restarting your PC and unplugging the GPU though?

Edited by Fasauceome

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

You would do the exact same thing you just did to flash your current BIOS, just with a different BIOS version.

Did you try restarting your PC and unplugging the GPU though?

restarted several times. will open it up and unplug the card then back in

image.png.20444f62e8c42c631c020b91a5ac5de9.png

Just to be sure, your card is working correctly except for the RGB?

Also, the Asus Strix has dual bios. Did you try using the BIOS switch on the card to change to silent BIOS? That one shouldn't have been updated.

Do you have any other RGB software installed as well?  Some RGB software will hijack components and prevent them from being seen in other apps.  icue had added an plugin for Asus and I had to disable that before aura sync would see my strix.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

8 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

Do you have any other RGB software installed as well?  Some RGB software will hijack components and prevent them from being seen in other apps.  icue had added an plugin for Asus and I had to disable that before aura sync would see my strix.

how do I get it off this iCue portal??? the instant lighting turns the bar on but thats it image.thumb.png.6436611b276e1b0f7d3249a799e605f3.png

16 minutes ago, Loeko said:

Just to be sure, your card is working correctly except for the RGB?

Also, the Asus Strix has dual bios. Did you try using the BIOS switch on the card to change to silent BIOS? That one shouldn't have been updated.

i will try that now thank you!!!!! have it on P mode

4 minutes ago, anthonyc813 said:

how do I get it off this iCue portal??? the instant lighting turns the bar on but thats it image.thumb.png.6436611b276e1b0f7d3249a799e605f3.png

Delete the Asus plugin folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins. The downside here is that you'll need to do this with every update.

If the plugin is working for your card,  edit the lighting profile to include the video card.

Slayerking92

17 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

Delete the Asus plugin folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins. The downside here is that you'll need to do this with every update.

If the plugin is working for your card,  edit the lighting profile to include the video card.

keep gettin gthis error message. all other programs are closed image.png.d1a80ac2a314788d8ba42ec614b86e1a.png

E

1 minute ago, anthonyc813 said:

keep gettin gthis error message. all other programs are closed 

Exit icue completely from system tray.

image.png.6c365898c3141d66b25269f9c625a878.png

Slayerking92

11 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

E

Exit icue completely from system tray.

image.png.6c365898c3141d66b25269f9c625a878.png

uninstalled iCue and the 3080 light bar is stuck on blue from the instant lighting. Armory Crate still cannot find it. Aura Sync sees it but gives an error when I hit the play button trying to see it it works image.png.c85eece968317bff50e679a5b823647e.png

40 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

THANK YOU!!!! the light bar is off the blue but stuck on Red breathing. which ASUS program do I use fo rthe card? Aura Sync or Armory crate??

image.thumb.png.2c6064875850ac105171a597cec4a1f3.png

Armory Crate is the current flavor.  I think they moved away from aura sync.

Slayerking92

10 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

Armory Crate is the current flavor.  I think they moved away from aura sync.

I got Aura sync to work for 10 seconds Armory crate keeps crashing everytime I open it or giving me an error if I manage to keep it open

OK this is working. Armory keeps crashing and the other one does not detect anything. Aura Sync is working though. can play with the modes and what not. perhaps its due to no RGB headers on board and still using Z97 ??

image.thumb.png.19680a87cec7f38a95a46f72fbe86416.png