looking for an RTS game to replace Surviving Mars

Burned_Follower

My favorite RTS game I found(because I'm the kinda gamer that  needs a scifi element for the game to be interesting to me) is Surviving Mars. That game was sooo much fun. But I ran into an issue where I was experimenting with a strategy:

My strategy:

1. Fill up the map with domes, storage areas, landing pads, etc., pretty much everything you would need to run a colony that would be able to handle a million people on mars.

2. After completing the above step, I would THEN finally start sending the first people to mars to fill up the colony. 

Only problem, is that I got to the point where the map was filled up and I was in the process of filling up the domes with the appropriate assortment of buildings, and then the game started crashing whenever I would zoom out all the way. I posted on different forums over the last few months to see what I can do about this, I've googled it, searched on youtube, and on forums I would literally get NO RESPONSE, and I found nothing anywhere else. I figured maybe my PC couldn't keep up, but at the time I was rocking an i78700k for a cpu, a 1070ti for a gpu, and 32gb of Ram, and had a 650watt psu. 

But I tried to play the game on my new PC that I've had for about a week now that's rocking an i910850k, an rtx3090, and 64GB of ram(this pc is built with the intention of being a workstation as much as a gaming pc, thus the 3090 and all the RAM). But I had the exact same issue, despite me only running this game in 1080p on my old pc and my new pc. This crashing while zooming out problem has rendered the game unplayable. There wasn't a huge spike in cpu or gpu usage and my temperature for cpu/gpu was near idling temperature the moment the crash was occuring, which leads me to believe this is a software glitch problem, not a hardware problem. 

MY QUESTION:

Is there another survival RTS game out there that you guys know about that I can use to replace Surviving Mars(which should be called surviving glitches)? I'm currently googling and youtubing it out right now, but wanted to do the smart thing and leave this question here because I made another post asking about exosuit games and was introduced to titanfall which was exactly what I was looking for in that department. 

Frostpunk

Aven Colony

Tropico isn't SciFi but I think you might like that a lot as well. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

They are billions is pretty fucking cool. It's an RTS with a zombie twist. I went through the entire campain on normal and it was challenging and fun.

cool, thanks! I got a lot of games to check out now. Also, a little update on Surviving Mars, I was able to get it running! It didn't work with my old PC but with this new PC of mine, I figured out that if I just pause the game, save my progress to be safe, then zoom out, the game doesn't crash 2/3 of the time! lmao. It's not a complete fix but I'm able to continue the game for now. I got 4k people on mars at the moment and I'm still averaging 117FPS despite running this game on 4k max everything.