brand new installation of windows stuck on windows logo

jonas_tham
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,
3 hours ago, jonas_tham said:

After enabling XMP the pc won’t even boot into bios and the debug indicator lights on the motherboard shows there is a problem with cpu and dram

Well, that is your problem. Ensure you have the latest BIOS. This is most likely the fix. The board shipped BIOS probably doesn't support your CPU or newer RAM.

i recently build a new pc and upon entering the bios i tried to install windows by usb using the windows install media creation tool but my screen was stuck the windows logo with no progress circle or anything and nothing will happen

my system is a amd 5600x, asrock b550m pro4, zotac 3070 twin edge and a cooler master MWE gold 650w v2 full modular 80+ gold

ive tried checking all my connections including resetting the ram and reinstalling the cpu, im quite confused as i could acess the bios but couldnt insatll windows

try again. if that shouldnt work try linux.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

but doesnt linux not support some games, could it be a hardware problem?

11 hours ago, jonas_tham said:

i recently build a new pc and upon entering the bios i tried to install windows by usb using the windows install media creation tool but my screen was stuck the windows logo with no progress circle or anything and nothing will happen

my system is a amd 5600x, asrock b550m pro4, zotac 3070 twin edge and a cooler master MWE gold 650w v2 full modular 80+ gold

ive tried checking all my connections including resetting the ram and reinstalling the cpu, im quite confused as i could acess the bios but couldnt insatll windows

So, let's go over the basics, being a new built.

Ensure that, in the UEFI:

• RAM XMP profile is set to Profile 1
  • CSM (Compatibility Support Module) is disabled
  • UEFI is enabled
  • Fast Boot is enabled
  • Secure Boot is enabled
  • Disable any overclocks that you may have done (beside RAM XMP profile)
  • The rest should be on "Auto" (or whatever their Default value is.)
  • If you are using a SATA drive, make sure that the SATA controller is set to AHCI.

I know you said you check them, but just to do a check list, ensure the following is properly inserted (while the system is turned off):

- CPU power

- GPU power

- motherboard power connector (check both side of that large connector)

- graphics card itself, and connected to the top most PCI 16x slot.

- If you are using a PCIe extension, remove it. 

- If you are using a PCI-E NVMe M.2 drive, ensure that it is properly inserted.

- If you are using a SATA drive, ensure that the SATA cable is properly connected on both the drive and motherboard (and connected to the SATA port 0 (or at 1 if it starts counting at 1).

When you boot from your USB flash drive, make sure you pick "UEFI: <USB flash drive name>", and not "<USB flash drive name>". The "UEFI:" part is important.

If that doesn't help, then try your USB flash drive on another system, and see if you can boot from it (this will test if your USB flash drive was properly prepared, and not corrupted. If it also fails, then you should redo your USB flash drive. If it fails again, try a different USB flash drive.

After enabling XMP the pc won’t even boot into bios and the debug indicator lights on the motherboard shows there is a problem with cpu and dram

3 hours ago, jonas_tham said:

Well, that is your problem. Ensure you have the latest BIOS. This is most likely the fix. The board shipped BIOS probably doesn't support your CPU or newer RAM.

33 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

ohh, ill try that thanks.