New PC for Blender 3D rendering and animation

Budget: ~960 USD (8500 SEK)

PC will be used for:

1. Mainly Blender 3D rendering, animation and video editing.
  2. Maybe some beginner game development with Unity.
  3. Occasional gaming can occur. 

Parts list

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (stock fan)

GPU:  MSI GeForce RTX 3080 VENTUS
Case:  Phanteks Eclipse P300 Mid Tower Vit

Motherboard:  Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE

RAM:  Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz LPX Black 16GB (2x8GB)

SSD:  WD Blue 3D NAND SSD 2.5" SATA III 1TB

HDD:  Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB

PSU:  Corsair RM850

The GPU will not count in the budget since it's already ordered (and I am waiting). 

I will be honest about the PSU, I picked something random and I am not sure if it's good or not. 😅

Initially I am thinking about installing Linux Ubuntu as OS and later adding Windows as dual-boot. 🤔

It's my second time building a computer since 5 years ago. The last time my build was a bit of a let down so will be glad to receive feedback and/or if I missed compatibility for something. 🙂 (I don't want bottlenecks like the last build)

I was thinking buying the components around black Friday.

Thank you so much for your time.

Make sure the RAM is at least 3000mhz, since you didn't list the speed here.

Honestly I'd spend a bit more on the SSD, you're going to fill up a 240gb really fast, and for heavier video files you don't want to be working off a HDD. 1tb SATA SSDs have really been coming down in price recently, so if you have the budget definitely look for something larger with a DRAM cache.

R9 3900x, 32gb 3200mhz corsair dominator RGB, 1070Ti Founders Edition, HP 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD

Whoops I forgot to add that it's DDR4 3600MHz RAM. 

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into replacing the SSD with for example:
WD Blue 3D NAND SSD 2.5" SATA III 1TB instead 😄

9 hours ago, Jonilo5 said:

Whoops I forgot to add that it's DDR4 3600MHz RAM. 

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into replacing the SSD with for example:
WD Blue 3D NAND SSD 2.5" SATA III 1TB instead 😄

And I bet you'll still fill it up in a shorter amount of time that you think you will lol, happens to me with my SSD all the time 

R9 3900x, 32gb 3200mhz corsair dominator RGB, 1070Ti Founders Edition, HP 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD

13 hours ago, Nerdom said:

And I bet you'll still fill it up in a shorter amount of time that you think you will lol, happens to me with my SSD all the time 

I still haven't used up 1 TB on my current computer though 😄, but I see your point, if I will create content in the future I might need bigger capacity. ✔️

Can you squeeze a Ryzen 5 5600X into the budget? It offers much better performance than the 3600X.

The RM850 would be fine, but has much more capacity than needed. Consider instead https://se.pcpartpicker.com/product/2HbwrH/corsair-rmx-2018-650w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020178-na or https://se.pcpartpicker.com/product/RzfFf7/seasonic-focus-650-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-focus-gx-650.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

3 minutes ago, brob said:

Can you squeeze a Ryzen 5 5600X into the budget? It offers much better performance than the 3600X.

The RM850 would be fine, but has much more capacity than needed. Consider instead https://se.pcpartpicker.com/product/2HbwrH/corsair-rmx-2018-650w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020178-na or https://se.pcpartpicker.com/product/RzfFf7/seasonic-focus-650-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-focus-gx-650.

I was thinking about Ryzen 5 5600X recently too. Should be decided then. 😄
Will change in the list.

About the PSU: I see. Though I think read somewhere that it's recommended to have at least 750 Watt when using RTX 3080? 

9 hours ago, Jonilo5 said:

I was thinking about Ryzen 5 5600X recently too. Should be decided then. 😄
Will change in the list.

About the PSU: I see. Though I think read somewhere that it's recommended to have at least 750 Watt when using RTX 3080? 

Yeah at least. To be safe I'd go with a 850w, which would also leave more headroom for a higher end CPU down the line, but a 750w should do fine.

I wouldn't push it and go 650w, the cards have spikes in power draw that can trigger overcurrent protection

Manufacturer psu requirements are often on the very high side to account for people using cheap improperly rated psu.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.