can bottleneck cause input lag ?

Balika422

so im sure my i5-8500 bottlenecks my RTX2060 but can this cause input lag? everytime i play something my cpu goes 100% and i get large input lag only on my keyboard, the FPS is good and doesnt drop i justget the input lag, a cpu upgrade would solve the issue?

For upgrade i thought about AMD ryzen 5 - 2600. i heard that its a good processor for the RTX2060.

my specs:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 8500 @ 3.00GHz
RAM
    16,0GB Dual-Channel G.skill ()
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF H310M-PLUS GAMING (LGA1151)
Graphics
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (Gigabyte)
Storage
    111GB KINGSTON SUV400S37120G (SATA-2 (SSD)
    931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (SATA )  

It is very likely that you are seeing input latency spike when your CPU hits 100%, yes. What are you playing when your CPU hits 100%? What resolution?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

what speec is your memory?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

8 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

what speec is your memory?

Doesn't matter a whole lot. He's on an H310 board.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

24 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

It is very likely that you are seeing input latency spike when your CPU hits 100%, yes. What are you playing when your CPU hits 100%? What resolution?

i play rainbow six siege with 1080p low settings. (i fixed the problem temporarly with putting the graphics to ultra. this way i get little almost to no input lag but i want to upgrade because i want to set my graphics to more competetive settings, this input lag occours in other games too and only on mouse and keyboard, but siege is the most important game rn)

4 minutes ago, Balika422 said:

i play rainbow six siege with 1080p low settings. (i fixed the problem temporarly with putting the graphics to ultra. this way i get little almost to no input lag)

Yep, your CPU is definitely the issue then, but would also be helped tremendously with faster memory. The 8500 can't boost super high, so it would be beneficial to get a higher-clocked Intel CPU for your use-case, especially if you want a steady 144+ FPS. An 8600K/8700K/9700K would do nicely if your memory is already 3000 MHz + and you can afford a Z390 board since your board probably supports 2666 at most.

3 minutes ago, Balika422 said:

i play rainbow six siege with 1080p low settings. (i fixed the problem temporarly with putting the graphics to ultra. this way i get little almost to no input lag but i want to upgrade because i want to set my graphics to more competetive settings)

Alright. Yes then you need to upgrade. Maybe 5600X is the perfect fit for you?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 minutes ago, Balika422 said:

i play rainbow six siege with 1080p low settings. (i fixed the problem temporarly with putting the graphics to ultra. this way i get little almost to no input lag)

Probably bottlenecked, you should replace your CPU for a better one.

5 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Alright. Yes then you need to upgrade. Maybe 5600X is the perfect fit for you?

unfortunately i dont have that amount of budget for the processor because i also need an AM4 mother board

what would be a cheaper option for a processor that runs well with the card ?

9 minutes ago, Balika422 said:

unfortunately i dont have that amount of budget for the processor because i also need an AM4 mother board

16 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

An 8600K/8700K/9700K would do nicely if your memory is already 3000 MHz + and you can afford a Z390 board since your board probably supports 2666 at most.

This :)

FS in Denmark/EU:

the problem is that my ram has only 2400mhz and i dont plan on changing my memory because i recently got this one

On 11/13/2020 at 12:08 AM, Balika422 said:

the problem is that my ram has only 2400mhz and i dont plan on changing my memory because i recently got this one

Sell it and buy faster memory? Your board is currently limiting you on RAM choice anyways, so it wouldn't be the first thing I would upgrade, but most modern hardware takes advantage of faster memory quite readily. 

For R6S at low settings, I'm assuming you're trying to hit really high framerates and not hit drops at all as that's what most people who play games like that (Overwatch, CS:GO, etc) want if they're playing at low settings. You absolutely need fast memory to maintain framerates like that at those high refresh rates (144 Hz +). It might be beneficial to just start fresh with a new board, CPU, and RAM if this is your goal. A new Ryzen 5000 series chip with 3200 MHz or faster memory will make a world of difference for your use case. 

On 11/12/2020 at 11:55 PM, Balika422 said:

Your H310 board is a limiting factor here. If you put an i7 8700 in your system then you'd experience fewer frame drops, but as I mentioned above, you're gonna need faster memory, and preferably a higher CPU clock speed. I'd sell your whole CPU, board, and RAM setup if your goal is to achieve those constistently high frames in Esports games.

The 8600K system in my signature does a steady 150 FPS without a hitch in Overwatch. It didn't when the RAM ran out of the box at 2133 MHz. I have a Z390 board that supports running my high-speed RAM at XMP speeds. Your H310 board won't play nice with fast RAM, and the VRMs on the board might not be able to even turbo a higher-end processor and might end up just as fast as your old CPU.