geforce gtx 800 series release date?

I was on http://www.geforce.com/hardware today i there was a 800m series so i thought there were a release date on the desktop 800 series.

If you know everything please tell me in the comments. :D 

No one knows, though it has been rumored for late 2014. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

No one knows, though it has been rumored for late 2014. 

are that in June or in December?

are that in June or in December?

October-December

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I hope very soon. Need a GTX 860  lol.

I need a GTX 880 thats why  :P  :D  :lol:

I need a GTX 880 thats why  :P  :D  :lol:

Need a 890Ti in 2way sli :')

Need a 890Ti in 2way sli :')

Do you think i just should buy a 780 then or wait for the 880?

Do you think i just should buy a 780 then or wait for the 880?

Depends, if you need a high-end gaming GPU right now than get a 780 but if you're fine for a few months you can wait for the Maxwell series GPUs.

Depends, if you need a high-end gaming GPU right now than get a 780 but if you're fine for a few months you can wait for the Maxwell series GPUs.

I just wait a little more!   :(  :mellow:

I just wait a little more!   :(  :mellow:

What's your current GPU?

a 670

Than you are fine for sure when you're 1080p gaming for now!

What's your current GPU?

Lol better than your´s EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC

Lol better than your´s EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC

Yes it is! Not that it's a competition who owns the most expensive GPU :P

My 660 works fine for 1080p gaming and everything.

There's been a lot of threads like this and so I think a lot of members on here are waiting for the GTX 800 series to come out. I might say though, I am quite disappointed in the 800m/GTX 800m series. I think NVIDIA could've done better than that. The max bandwidth on the GTX 800m series is 64GB/s and some even say 1152 or 640 CUDA cores that's a good 1,088 CUDA cores difference and also the max Memory Bus Width is 128-bit. What the heck are you doing NVIDIA? Also if you go to the lower end 800M series NVIDIA are limiting the MBW to a pitiful 64-bit :o :huh:. For example the GT 630m had 128-bit MBW and so upgrading to the 830m would in fact be a downgrade. I say this again, what the HECK are you doing NVIDIA. I really hope that they don't do something similar to the desktop series otherwise I feel that we've waited for nothing.

Sorry for my little rant. I had to get it out. But at least all of you can now see that NVIDIA has done a pretty poor job with these new 800m/GTX 800m series.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

There's been a lot of threads like this and so I think a lot of members on here are waiting for the GTX 800 series to come out. I might say though, I am quite disappointed in the 800m/GTX 800m series. I think NVIDIA could've done better than that. The max bandwidth on the GTX 800m series is 64GB/s and some even say 1152 or 640 CUDA cores that's a good 1,088 CUDA cores difference and also the max Memory Bus Width is 128-bit. What the heck are you doing NVIDIA? Also if you go to the lower end 800M series NVIDIA are limiting the MBW to a pitiful 64-bit :o :huh:. For example the GT 630m had 128-bit MBW and so upgrading to the 830m would in fact be a downgrade. I say this again, what the HECK are you doing NVIDIA. I really hope that they don't do something similar to the desktop series otherwise I feel that we've waited for nothing.

Sorry for my little rant. I had to get it out. But at least all of you can now see that NVIDIA has done a pretty poor job with these new 800m/GTX 800m series.

Thanks but look at the new MSI laptops they have some really cool performancehttp://msi.com/product/nb/GT70_2PE_Dominator_Pro.html#overview 

Thanks but look at the new MSI laptops they have some really cool performancehttp://msi.com/product/nb/GT70_2PE_Dominator_Pro.html#overview 

Erm......some of those specs don't look quite right. You can't even get 8GB of GPU GDDR5 memory in any GPU at the moment let alone in a laptop GPU. :huh:

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Than you are fine for sure when you're 1080p gaming for now!

i'm not   :(  gtx 560 sux

• 2 months later...

Erm......some of those specs don't look quite right. You can't even get 8GB of GPU GDDR5 memory in any GPU at the moment let alone in a laptop GPU. :huh:

Actually, the new 800m series cards are really close to the desktop versions. As it is, you can get the 780 with 6gb, and the 290x comes standard with 4. So it's not ridiculous to put into a laptop with the next gen cards. The 880 is suppose to be a standard of 4gb anyway, which means it will come in the 8gb variant.

Check out my tech and gaming Youtube channel: Zillatech Gaming