B550 and X570 compatability with Ryzen 5000 out of the box

Acrobit
Go to solution Solved by Aakash_Ram,

So For these motherboards you will need to get a BIOS update which you can download from the manufactures website of the product.  Take the file and upload it on to a usb flash drive. Plug the usb flash drive in to a USB port on the I/o of the motherboard  which will be specified on your motherboard manual which one to put it in)  and connect a PSU to the motherboard to give it power and press a little button next to the USB port and wait until it stops blinking ( do not take the flash drive out or click the button again until it stops blinking and your PSU fan stops spinning or "problems")than remove the usb flash drive and you should be good to drop your new cpu right in. If you have a cpu which is compatible with your motherboard already than you can put that in and just Q-Flash it and when you are done just swap the new cpu out with the old one.

Hello there, I was one of the few in my country that got myself a R5 5600X on launch but the one thing I'm still pondering about is if the B550 and X570 are imminently able to support it. I'm upgrading from Intel 6th gen i5 6600K so it's not like I can just update the bios. In a specific review it was said that he had to swap the cpu back to 3000 series, update the bios and go back to 5000 series. So I'm a little conflicted. Can you guys help me with what I am missing here.

I want to go for the budget option of the Gigabyte B550 Aorus pro which is around 160 euro. This is because I use the USB C connector and on the x570 platform the first motherboard from gigabyte that has a usb C is at 215+ euro.

So For these motherboards you will need to get a BIOS update which you can download from the manufactures website of the product.  Take the file and upload it on to a usb flash drive. Plug the usb flash drive in to a USB port on the I/o of the motherboard  which will be specified on your motherboard manual which one to put it in)  and connect a PSU to the motherboard to give it power and press a little button next to the USB port and wait until it stops blinking ( do not take the flash drive out or click the button again until it stops blinking and your PSU fan stops spinning or "problems")than remove the usb flash drive and you should be good to drop your new cpu right in. If you have a cpu which is compatible with your motherboard already than you can put that in and just Q-Flash it and when you are done just swap the new cpu out with the old one.