Phone with the best VideoCamera??

AntiSpiral

Hellou there!!

I'm looking to buy a new phone, since my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is getting kinda old. The two things I'm looking for is for it to have a GOOD photo/video camera and good battery. My budget is around 250€

Thanks in advance!! 

7 minutes ago, AntiSpiral said:

Hellou there!!

I'm looking to buy a new phone, since my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is getting kinda old. The two things I'm looking for is for it to have a GOOD photo/video camera and good battery. My budget is around 250€

Thanks in advance!! 

I would get a Samsung Galaxy A51, or a used iphone 8 - X

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

3 minutes ago, Downkey said:

I would get a Samsung Galaxy A51, or a used iphone 8 - X

Better a Samsung than Xiaomi? I thought quality-price-performance Xiaomi was waaay better. 
iPhones are out of the picture on this case 

17 minutes ago, AntiSpiral said:

Hellou there!!

Thanks in advance!! 

The pocophone f2 may fit in your budget but the pocophone x3 for sure will.

I suggest the Google Pixel 3a, if you can find a good deal. Sometimes they are available for 250€ and now that the Pixel 4a is out, it should drop in price.

If you're really lucky, you can find the Pixel 4a for ~ 300€.

It's probably still the best camera for the price. Sure, it's older now and the design might not be that appealing, but at least you get solid software and Android 11, 12 and probably also 13.

I used a Pixel 3a XL for a year and have been very happy with it. 

3 hours ago, jaslion said:

The pocophone f2 may fit in your budget but the pocophone x3 for sure will.

That is one of the options that I have, among the Mi 10T Lite

3 hours ago, Senzelian said:

I suggest the Google Pixel 3a, if you can find a good deal. Sometimes they are available for 250€ and now that the Pixel 4a is out, it should drop in price.

If you're really lucky, you can find the Pixel 4a for ~ 300€.

It's probably still the best camera for the price. Sure, it's older now and the design might not be that appealing, but at least you get solid software and Android 11, 12 and probably also 13.

I used a Pixel 3a XL for a year and have been very happy with it. 

Pixel 3a uses the same sensor than Xiaomi's Mi 8, which is an old version. Is it better than the new Sony's sensors that are getting used now, like in the Poco x3 ?

Just now, AntiSpiral said:

That is one of the options that I have, among the Mi 10T Lite

Pixel 3a uses the same sensor than Xiaomi's Mi 8, which is an old version. Is it better than the new Sony's sensors that are getting used now, like in the Poco x3 ?

Well, I haven't compared those cameras. I would believe that the new sensors are of course better, but Google is really good at making an old sensor look good in software.

But one thing I can tell you, is that according to DxO Mark, the iPhone X and the Pixel 3a are on the same level:
https://www.dxomark.com/google-pixel-3a-camera-review/

https://www.dxomark.com/apple-iphone-x-top-performer-stills/

Unfortunately they don't have a review of the x3 up yet.

16 hours ago, AntiSpiral said:

Hellou there!!

Thanks in advance!! 

You can't expect a phone to record good videos for 250€. I have a Redmi Note 8 Pro and let me tell you, while photos are pretty decent for a 200€ device, videos are among the worst I have ever seen. Even a Samsung S/Note 9 does a better job at it than my phone, and I don't expect the 9 series to be any different.

If you absolutely want the best camera for the price, get an older pixel. If you're okay with potentially trash videos and decent photos, but a better overall phone, I would suggest to wait for the Redmi Note 10 pro that is expected to launch at the end of the year.

19 hours ago, AntiSpiral said:

Hellou there!!

Thanks in advance!! 

For video the answer is iPhones. Nothing else gets near them so just get the last eat one that’ll fit in your budget where you are. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

None of these guys like iPhones. Its like an iPhone shredded a box of kittens in front of them when they were young or something. It could take the best pictures, shoot the best video and it wont matter. 

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

23 minutes ago, freeagent said:

None of these guys like iPhones. Its like an iPhone shredded a box of kittens in front of them when they were young or something. It could take the best pictures, shoot the best video and it wont matter. 

22 hours ago, AntiSpiral said:

iPhones are out of the picture on this case.

47 minutes ago, EL02 said:

I know I know, it was just a statement. I've witnessed the hatred here 😆

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

2 hours ago, EL02 said:

Tbf they did say the BEST video camera and didn’t mention it in the OP. Will stick by what I normally say which is if you’re looking for the best tool for the job stop looking at what it says on the box. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?