More soft confirmation of 3080ti (vram)

Gilgam3s1

More and more leaks and reports of the 3080ti variant with 20gb farm to go head to head with the rx6900 some claiming that the 20gb of farm is seemingly true if so this pretty much canableizes the 3090 in its entirety dont you think?

New ti would have to be price at or below 999$ (amds new top card)

Good thing nvida had that nice paper launch Atleast they can use all the unmade 3090 components for that ti and pretty much scrap the 3090 and 3080s haha

Just looking to start some convos for recent findings

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
    Corsair pro rgb 16gb 3400 oc stock timings
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
    My digital ssd 250gb pro m.2 (boot) 2tb berracuda 7200rpm +Toshiba x300 4gb 7200rpm
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750

Some of benchmarks leaked have 6800xt beating 3090, other titles show 3080 ahead of 6900xt.  Nvidia is probably making all kinds of plans right now, both to solve supply issue costing them sales and to make sure they keep/get back crown.  I wouldn't be surprised if a new titan pops up in near future above 3090.

16 minutes ago, Fungal said:

it wasn't a paper launch

Agree, there was not much supply, but i keep seeing people posting about getting theirs. You just have to work with alerts and then be quick about it. I got mine about 1 week after launch without much effort or camping outside of a store.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Sophia_Borjia said:

Some of benchmarks leaked have 6800xt beating 3090, other titles show 3080 ahead of 6900xt.  Nvidia is probably making all kinds of plans right now, both to solve supply issue costing them sales and to make sure they keep/get back crown.  I wouldn't be surprised if a new titan pops up in near future above 3090.

Yeah it's all over the place right now. We'll just have to see when the real reviews come in to see how each card stacks up.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Sophia_Borjia said:

nvidia is not intel they will put up a good fight

like a 3090ti/super or heck maybe even a new titan

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

It is all over from same sources.  It looks like it will just depend on what game needs.  If game wants 11 gigs of ram, it would kill 3080 performance for example.  It will probably depend more on game engine and what platform card is on.  The new thing with boost when using 5000 processor, 500 series board and big navi could make it fastest on that platform, but nvidia could be fastest on intel.  We may not be able to put them in neat order of speed at all, it could depend on to many things this gen.