Best Gaming Monitor For PS5

Hey guys im looking for recommendations for best gaming monitor for playstation 5 my budget is around $100-$200 and maybe $300 looking for 1440p monitor for 120 fps ! link of monitor and full names so i can look them up 

9 minutes ago, Hokum said:

Hey guys im looking for recommendations for best gaming monitor for playstation 5 my budget is around $100-$200 and maybe $300 looking for 1440p monitor for 120 fps ! link of monitor and full names so i can look them up 

Just checked Newegg. Your looking about $250-$300 for what you just listed. Out of that Only 3 brands I recognize, two of which are kinda known for monitors. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-Sony-confirms-that-its-next-generation-console-will-not-support-1440p-gaming.502580.0.html

Hate to break your bubble even more but according to this article the PS5 wont support 1440p. So unless your going to hook a PC up to your monitor as well and do 1440p gaming, its not going to be worth it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, idontlikephysx said:

Have you factored in that they will not be supporting native 1440p on PS5?  If you can you might want to save up and get a display that is 4k.

yeah but i heard they going to make a patch where then it will support 1440p since specs on ps5 is able to support it ! and plus this not being suported is not %100 confirmed

1 hour ago, lieder1987 said:

PS5 doesn't support 1440p so I would advise against that.

i heard they going to make a patch where then it will support 1440p since specs on ps5 is able to support it ! and plus this not being suported is not %100 confirmed

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Just checked Newegg. Your looking about $250-$300 for what you just listed. Out of that Only 3 brands I recognize, two of which are kinda known for monitors. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-Sony-confirms-that-its-next-generation-console-will-not-support-1440p-gaming.502580.0.html

Hate to break your bubble even more but according to this article the PS5 wont support 1440p. So unless your going to hook a PC up to your monitor as well and do 1440p gaming, its not going to be worth it. 

i heard they going to make a patch where then it will support 1440p since specs on ps5 is able to support it ! and plus this not being suported is not %100 confirmed

Have you factored in that they will not be supporting native 1440p on PS5?  If you can you might want to save up and get a display that is 4k.

is 4k higher than 1440p because 1440p is half of 4k 

1 minute ago, Hokum said:

Think you kind of answer this yourself here but 4k yes is a higher, more detailed resolution.

Just now, Hokum said:

Yeah, much higher. Ive been thinking of getting a larger ultra wide monitor and lets say the 4K models were closer to $800+

Think you kind of answer this yourself here but 4k yes is a higher, more detailed resolution.

well what about 1440p gaming monitor do you have one that is good ! 

well what about 1440p gaming monitor do you have one that is good ! 

Thats what we are trying to tell you. the PS5 WILL NOT do 1440p PERIOD. You have 1080p or 4K thats it. 

Yeah, much higher. Ive been thinking of getting a larger ultra wide monitor and lets say the 4K models were closer to $800+

yeah im not going that high on console gonna do at least 1440p around there and 1080p for multiplayer most likely and 1440p story mode on ps5 put quality higher and lower for online play if you have any monitor recommendation would appreciate 

Thats what we are trying to tell you. the PS5 WILL NOT do 1440p PERIOD. You have 1080p or 4K thats it. 

im confused if ps5 dont support 1440p how can it support quality higher than 1440p im lost and im pretty sure people been saying playstation gonna drop patch where it will suported since he have specs to be supported ! 

Just now, Hokum said:

yeah im not going that high on console gonna do at least 1440p around there and 1080p for multiplayer most likely and 1440p story mode on ps5 put quality higher and lower for online play if you have any monitor recommendation would appreciate 

JESUS. The PS5 WILL NOT do 1440p. PERIOD. It will display 1080 or 4K. 1440p is NOT an option. 

Just now, Hokum said:

im confused if ps5 dont support 1440p how can it support quality higher than 1440p im lost and im pretty sure people been saying playstation gonna drop patch where it will suported since he have specs to be supported ! 

TV's dont support 1440p. Only PC monitors do. So PC's support 1440p, Console who are generally connected to TV's DONT. 

JESUS. The PS5 WILL NOT do 1440p. PERIOD. It will display 1080 or 4K. 1440p is NOT an option. 

okay well i keep looking for monitor somewhere else i keep telling you how can ps5 do 4k higher than 1440p but will not supported but 4k is it will im lost and again they are going to drop patch for it to be supported since he have specs for it already on console ! 

TV's dont support 1440p. Only PC monitors do. So PC's support 1440p, Console who are generally connected to TV's DONT. 

okay im not looking for tv im looking for gaming monitors ! 

okay im not looking for tv im looking for gaming monitors ! 

What im trying to tell you is this. Consoles are designed for TV use. Yes you can use a PC monitor, but TV use is its intended purpose. As a result, they support resolutions used on TV's. Are there 1440p TV's? NO. Because TV content comes in 480, 720,1080 and 4K. So thats what TV's generally support. 

If you have read the article I posted above it states that 1440p will NOT be coming to the PS5. 

What im trying to tell you is this. Consoles are designed for TV use. Yes you can use a PC monitor, but TV use is its intended purpose. As a result, they support resolutions used on TV's. Are there 1440p TV's? NO. Because TV content comes in 480, 720,1080 and 4K. So thats what TV's generally support. 

If you have read the article I posted above it states that 1440p will NOT be coming to the PS5. 

i know what article said but is not %100 confirmed since xbox can do it most likely ps5 will do it to and can do it with specs ps5 have already there rumors after ps5 comes it will drop patch where it will be supported we have to wait and see and i guess thanks for at least replying i do keep doing research and look for perfect 1440p gaming monitor for ps5 ! 

9 minutes ago, Hokum said:

i know what article said but is not %100 confirmed since xbox can do it most likely ps5 will do it to and can do it with specs ps5 have already there rumors after ps5 comes it will drop patch where it will be supported we have to wait and see and i guess thanks for at least replying i do keep doing research and look for perfect 1440p gaming monitor for ps5 ! 

Thats cool. Waste your money. Every article was released in the last 2 or 3 days says "SONY" confirmed no 1440p support. So if you know something that Sony, who well is making this console doesn't, Im pretty fucking impressed. Not going to lie. 

Just because Microsoft is doing it, doesn't mean Sony will. Microsoft also has the support of the PC gaming community, which is why they are doing it. Because some people do PC gaming as well as Xbox gaming. I mean you can buy a game on the Xbox and get it for free on Windows 10, so its a no brainer. 

I will tell you this, like I stated in my first post. Every 1440p monitor that does 120hz, at least $250, and most of those were no name I wouldn't touch with a 30 foot pole brands. At least on Newegg. So at your budget, your looking at a no name brand or used. 

Thats cool. Waste your money. Every article was released in the last 2 or 3 days says "SONY" confirmed no 1440p support. So if you know something that Sony, who well is making this console doesn't, Im pretty fucking impressed. Not going to lie. 

Just because Microsoft is doing it, doesn't mean Sony will. Microsoft also has the support of the PC gaming community, which is why they are doing it. Because some people do PC gaming as well as Xbox gaming. I mean you can buy a game on the Xbox and get it for free on Windows 10, so its a no brainer. 

I will tell you this, like I stated in my first post. Every 1440p monitor that does 120hz, at least $250, and most of those were no name I wouldn't touch with a 30 foot pole brands. At least on Newegg. So at your budget, your looking at a no name brand or used. 

well lets see what is not writing in stone and at least %100 official still confused how ps5 support higher than 1440p and it will suport 4k i dont know if you said that but hey i dont know have to wait and sony comes out and confirmed only thing italy article that could be clickbait and %100 true have to wait and see after ps5 comes out if it will be 1440p supported only thing that came out was italy thing as right now i keep looking in the marked for gaming monitor and see wich brand is good and look whateever quality either 1080p or 1440p or 4k lets see 

till confused how ps5 support higher than 1440p and it will suport 4k

I TOLD YOU, you just dont listen. TV's dont support 1440p. Consoles are used on TV's primarily. Just because something supports 4K, doesn't mean it supports 1440p. By your logic, a 10 Gigabit switch should also support 2.5 and 5 Gigabit connections. Guess what? THEY DONT. Not unless they were specifically designed to do so. 

I TOLD YOU, you just dont listen. TV's dont support 1440p. Consoles are used on TV's primarily. Just because something supports 4K, doesn't mean it supports 1440p. By your logic, a 10 Gigabit switch should also support 2.5 and 5 Gigabit connections. Guess what? THEY DONT. Not unless they were specifically designed to do so. 

i was never talking about tv im talking about ps5 itself and i was never looking for tv again looking for monitor i dont know why you keep saying tv when is original post is stated monitor and not tv ! 

Just now, Hokum said:

i was never talking about tv im talking about ps5 itself and i was never looking for tv again looking for monitor i dont know why you keep saying tv when is original pc is stated monitor and not tv ! 

You have a thick head. Consoles are designed for the living room. Do you use a computer monitor is your living room? Probably not. AS SUCH, consoles are designed with TV resolutions in mind. TV's dont support that resolution. So why in the blue hell, would a console have to support 1440p? Especially when a vast majority of people are going to be using it on their TV's! 

The reason I keep saying TV is because the PS5 was designed with TV gaming in mind. Thats what your not understanding. This is part of the reason PC gamers look down on console gamers to be honest. Because you guys are dense and just dont understand how things work. So go ahead and waste your money. Every news article has pretty much a Sony confirmation attached.