Asus ROG Strix B550-A vs Asrock B550 Steel Legend

Hiya,

I am looking for a motherboard for my 5600x, and have whittled it down to these two. I prefer the Strix B550-A for its looks, but the Steel legend has more features (Post Code, Front panel USB C header, etc). I am planning on doing some overclocking as well. What are your thoughts? Price is about the same, and I really don't know which one to get. Thanks for any help.

The Steel Legend should be good for overclocking a 6/8-core, though I wouldn't go higher than that without some airflow on those VRM heatsinks.

The Strix should have no problem with even an overclocked 16-core but, if the front panel Type-C and POST code are more important to you than overclocking potential, by all means you could just go with the SL.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC