Surveillance question, Weather proof security camera or Trail camera?

Greetings.
Somebody keeps dumping trash on my property so I need your help picking out a camera. The location is on a logging road near home. The camera is going to be in the woods away from any structures. It needs to able to capture the license plate if a car pulls in. Facial clarity is less important, 

Should I get a trail camera or a security camera? Are security cameras weatherproof enough to be used in the woods? 

I'm also concerned about the camera being stolen or damaged to the point where I can't get the pictures of our crook. I've seen trail cams have a cellular option. It might be somewhat a luxury, but I believe the pictures being sent to me immediately will come in handy if the camera gets stolen. 

Any recommendations is appreciated! Thank you. 

You hide the camera so it doesn't get stolen.

Security cameras come in all shapes and sizes, resolution, tracking, zooming ect ect.

I guess you would purchase on a budget maybe? How much are you willing to spend to catch someone?

Probably want a high resolution for zooming purposes. Make sure you have plenty of storage for long away times.