Maybe Stupid RAM question...

If my motherboard, and CPU only support 2666Mhz is there a point to more Gigahertz, Like Crucial's new 5100Mhz set? 

CPU: Intel i9 9900K | Motherboard: ASRock B365M Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM: 4x8GB 2666MHz HyperX Fury RGB | GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: ASUS TUF Gaming GT301 | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | SSD: PNY XLR8 CS3030 2TB | SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | HDD: Seagate BerraCuda 8TB | Monitor: GIGABYTE G27QC

2 minutes ago, Sycoblackburn said:

If my motherboard, and CPU only support 2666Mhz is there a point to more Gigahertz, Like Crucial's new 5100Mhz set? 

There is no point unless you plan to upgrade the cpu and board soon.

2021 (second half) we should expect to see DDR5 being slated to desktop. So spend your money wisely. 

Ah okay, just curious. Thanks for the reply!

CPU: Intel i9 9900K | Motherboard: ASRock B365M Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM: 4x8GB 2666MHz HyperX Fury RGB | GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: ASUS TUF Gaming GT301 | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | SSD: PNY XLR8 CS3030 2TB | SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | HDD: Seagate BerraCuda 8TB | Monitor: GIGABYTE G27QC

No.

And the extremely high speed kits like the one you mentioned are extremely difficult to run without you having to tinker a lot with the settings. The XMP works only on a very few selected and tested motherboards while also assuming your CPU has memory controller capable of that speed.