Razer Chroma addressable RGB controller

Haidenn0324

Hello everyone,

I ordered the Razer chroma addressable rgb controller today after waiting over a year for stock to be available for the Razer hdk kit and never was able to buy it. Can anyone help me find ARGB light strips that I'll be able to just plug into this controller i found led strips that you have to cut and solder but I can't do all that. It says i need 3 pin 5v addressable connector and also suppose to work with these companies. 

WORKS BEST WITH ARGB COMPONENTS FROM MANUFACTURERS SUCH AS

ENERMAX • LIAN LI • PHANTEKS • SILVERSTONE • TEAMGROUP • THERMALTAKE • COOLER MASTER • ANTEC • MSI • FRACTAL DESIGN • GAMEMAX • ROSEWILL

Please help in just trying to make the inside of my case light up and sync to my Razer synapse with all my other rgb stuff i have the huntsman eliete keyboard, chroma speakers, the huge rgb mouse pad, mouse and kraken ultimate gaming edition headset all the lights sync so now I'm trying to get my case to match thanks in advance 

First, you need to be aware that you can connect up to 80 leds (aka nodes)  per port, NOT to exceed more than 240 leds on the controller (as specified on the razer product page).

assuming you got the 3 wire 5v led strips,you can buy a cable like this. and this is assuming that you have not cut the strips.
There is this option for examplel

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARGB-Control-5V-3-Pin-Extension-Cable-Adapter-for-AURA-AS-US-MSI-Motherboard-New/133487330559?hash=item1f147704ff:g:GCUAAOSw2GpfLVgg

7 hours ago, Haidenn0324 said:

Hello everyone,

I ordered the Razer chroma addressable rgb controller today after waiting over a year for stock to be available for the Razer hdk kit and never was able to buy it. Can anyone help me find ARGB light strips that I'll be able to just plug into this controller i found led strips that you have to cut and solder but I can't do all that. It says i need 3 pin 5v addressable connector and also suppose to work with these companies. 

WORKS BEST WITH ARGB COMPONENTS FROM MANUFACTURERS SUCH AS

ENERMAX • LIAN LI • PHANTEKS • SILVERSTONE • TEAMGROUP • THERMALTAKE • COOLER MASTER • ANTEC • MSI • FRACTAL DESIGN • GAMEMAX • ROSEWILL

Please help in just trying to make the inside of my case light up and sync to my Razer synapse with all my other rgb stuff i have the huntsman eliete keyboard, chroma speakers, the huge rgb mouse pad, mouse and kraken ultimate gaming edition headset all the lights sync so now I'm trying to get my case to match thanks in advance 

were is this controller? i never heard of it. can you link it.

nvm i found it.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

were is this controller? i never heard of it. can you link it.

https://www.razer.com/gaming-pc-accessories/Razer-Chroma-Addressable-RGB-Controller/RZ34-02140600-R3M1

5 minutes ago, Haidenn0324 said:

looks like you have to buy there strips

this

71HaceyI2nL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

looks like you have to buy there strips

this

71HaceyI2nL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

That picture is the side of the Razer hardware development kit that's been sold out for over a year you get 2 strips and have the option to buy two more for the other side. The controller i just bought is new and has the option to plug in 6 5v 3 pin connectors. Im trying to find a link to any ARGB light strips that have these connectors on them so that i can just plug them into the new controller 

Screenshot_20201106-222238046.jpg

3 minutes ago, Haidenn0324 said:

That picture is the side of the Razer hardware development kit that's been sold out for over a year you get 2 strips and have the option to buy two more for the other side. The controller i just bought is new and has the option to plug in 6 5v 3 pin connectors. Im trying to find a link to any ARGB light strips that have these connectors on them so that i can just plug them into the new controller 

Screenshot_20201106-222238046.jpg

oh ok i get it .

looks to me the stander 2+1 strip should work.

razer-photo-5f91b2c0871a2.jpg

4 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

oh ok i get it .

looks to me the stander 2+1 strip should work.

razer-photo-5f91b2c0871a2.jpg

Can you recommend any strips? 

15 minutes ago, Haidenn0324 said:

well argb runs off of pwm so depending on what pwm cycle it uses will determine what strips is compatible but we have no idea what its pwm is set at so...its just a gamble.

WS2812B strips seem to be the stranded so i would try that. you your looking for WS2812B 3 wire 5v with the 2+1 connector off of it. if you can only fond jst-sm connectors you can get an adapter or solder on an 2+1 connector.

RGB_5V_LED_Light_Strip_3_Pin_Male_to_Mal

Edited by thrasher_565

Just now, Haidenn0324 said:

If you are looking for strips that are orginally meant for asus and other brands you can get them at many computer stores. as long as they have that connection that's all that matters. I don't have a specific recommendation, but i am using asus addressable led strips that came with their own adapters and they are pretty bright. i recommend checking websites like newegg and amazon, as they have multiple.
However ones that are compatiable with the new razer controller (and the old asus rog aura terminal), i don't recommend amazon as there are too many results for them, considering there are mutliple connection types depending on if you want rollls or strips.

I highly reccommend micro center and new egg. just type "addressable led strip" in the search bar. Btw, the new controller that you and i purchased are also compatiable with addressable leds fans as well. make sure they have that connection as showed above.

Strips like this one will work with the new razer chroma addressable led controller. Make note of the connectoron one of their strips to guide you on what willl connect
https://www.amazon.com/Vetroo-ARGB-5V-Compatible-Gigabyte/dp/B08GWV318Z/ref=sr_1_24?crid=WYYTTKWM1G6L&dchild=1&keywords=addressable+led+strip&qid=1604724432&sprefix=addressable+le%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-24

this fan for example will work https://www.newegg.com/rosewill-rgbf-s12002-case-fan/p/N82E16835200122?Item=N82E16835200122&Description=addressable led strip&cm_re=addressable_led strip-_-35-200-122-_-Product

4 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

well argb runs off of pwm so depending on what pwm cycle it uses will determine what strips is compatible but we have no idea what its pwm is set at so...its just a gamble.

WS2812B strips seem to be the stranded so i would try that. you your looking for WS2812B 3 wire 5v with the 2+1 connector off of it. if you can only fond jst-sm connectors you can get an adapter or solder on an 2+1 connector.

RGB_5V_LED_Light_Strip_3_Pin_Male_to_Mal

ARGB strips do not run off pwm. PWM is the power connection specifically for case fans. However ARGB fans have two connectors, one for ARGB and the otther connection is PWM

10 minutes ago, jdfosterarmy said:

ARGB strips do not run off pwm. PWM is the power connection specifically for case fans. However ARGB fans have two connectors, one for ARGB and the otther connection is PWM

no the 3/4pin 5v argb data to the strip is pwm fans also can run with pwm. 4pin 12v rgb is voltage controlled.

Edited by thrasher_565

7 minutes ago, jdfosterarmy said:

If you are looking for strips that are orginally meant for asus and other brands you can get them at many computer stores. as long as they have that connection that's all that matters. I don't have a specific recommendation, but i am using asus addressable led strips that came with their own adapters and they are pretty bright. i recommend checking websites like newegg and amazon, as they have multiple.
However ones that are compatiable with the new razer controller (and the old asus rog aura terminal), i don't recommend amazon as there are too many results for them, considering there are mutliple connection types depending on if you want rollls or strips.

I highly reccommend micro center and new egg. just type "addressable led strip" in the search bar. Btw, the new controller that you and i purchased are also compatiable with addressable leds fans as well. make sure they have that connection as showed above.

Strips like this one will work with the new razer chroma addressable led controller. Make note of the connectoron one of their strips to guide you on what willl connect
https://www.amazon.com/Vetroo-ARGB-5V-Compatible-Gigabyte/dp/B08GWV318Z/ref=sr_1_24?crid=WYYTTKWM1G6L&dchild=1&keywords=addressable+led+strip&qid=1604724432&sprefix=addressable+le%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-24

this fan for example will work https://www.newegg.com/rosewill-rgbf-s12002-case-fan/p/N82E16835200122?Item=N82E16835200122&Description=addressable led strip&cm_re=addressable_led strip-_-35-200-122-_-Product

Thank you