New build 1.5 k budget

Happy774

Budget (including currency): 1500€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: World of Warcraft, Streaming, Video Editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So after looking at Benchmarks I decided to buy a Ryzen 5 5600x. I also plan on buying:

- either the RTX 3070 or the rumored 3060Ti (when it comes out) for my GPU choice

- Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB 3200Mh C16 GBR Ram

- A Power supply with 80+ gold rating (Unsure of Wattage for now)

- 500gb M.2 SSD

- 2TB Seagate HDD

Since I dont know much about AMD Motherboards I'd like to ask for a recommendation (with Wi-fi). Also looking for Case and Cooling ideas (was thinking Phanteks P400A with a Noctua NH-D15 but not sure if it would fit).

46 minutes ago, Happy774 said:

Since I dont know much about AMD Motherboards I'd like to ask for a recommendation (with Wi-fi). Also looking for Case and Cooling ideas (was thinking Phanteks P400A with a Noctua NH-D15 but not sure if it would fit).

An NH-D15 is pretty overkill for a 6 core CPU like the 5600X. Have a look at this:

I used italy cause it seemed to be the closest country, I hope the prices are somewhat relevant.

Alternative cooler choices:

Dark rock 4

Noctua NH-U14

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

37 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

An NH-D15 is pretty overkill for a 6 core CPU like the 5600X. Have a look at this:

I used italy cause it seemed to be the closest country, I hope the prices are somewhat relevant.

Alternative cooler choices:

Dark rock 4

Noctua NH-U14

Tnx for the Cooler suggestions 😊

Hmm would you maybe have an alternative for the motherboard? From what I can see this one doesn't have Heatsinks. 

6 hours ago, Happy774 said:

Tnx for the Cooler suggestions 😊

Hmm would you maybe have an alternative for the motherboard? From what I can see this one doesn't have Heatsinks. 

Right here

Screenshot_20201106-074858_Chrome~2.jpg

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You should get more than 3200 speed RAM for the new Ryzen. 3600 is enough, 4000 would be best. CL16 good for gaming.

Just now, Joe Down said:

You should get more than 3200 speed RAM for the new Ryzen. 3600 is enough, 4000 would be best. CL16 good for gaming.

You're also better off getting the new 6000 series AMD GPUs than the 3000 series Nvidia. But up to you.

19 hours ago, Joe Down said:

Actaully 3600Mhz is the best. For the infinity fabric agrees the best with 3600Mhz, for some reason or another.

Edit: or is it 3800Mhz?

I edit my posts more often than not

3 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Actaully 3600Mhz is the best. For the infinity fabric agrees the best with 3600Mhz, for some reason or another.

Fair enough, thanks for info. But anyway, need more than 3200Mhz OP.