Suggestion : picture crop function

RTX 3090
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

You can resize pictures by double clicking them, but you can't crop them there. To me, crop seems like something that would only be used very infrequently, and it would be a fairly complex feature to maintain (especially because it would involve a bunch of work on the front end to integrate nicely with the existing editor behaviour). It is feasible (there is already crop support for profile pictures, but it would need a fair amount of work to generalise that to any images), but I don't think it makes sense from a cost/reward perspective.

Just a suggestion for the mobile app, users should be able to crop and do basic edits to photos like on WhatsApp, it would be really useful for mobile and posting pictures e.g. status update

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

You can do it in Google Photos or whatever the iOS equivalent is, I don't think it would be worth implementing on the forum.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

You can do it in Google Photos or whatever the iOS equivalent is,

Yeah, but it ads extra hassle. It would be cool if it could be implemented in the forum

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

Just now, RTX 3090 said:

Yeah, but it ads extra hassle. It would be cool if it could be implemented in the forum

I think it would be more hassle to do it on the forum, never mind having to implement it.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Like the times you take pics with your browser? If you think of this through, cropping image in something like Word, or sites where you select part of the pic to show, still save whole picture, you just select what to show. Is that what you are asking instead of actual crop where you would save part of the pic?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yesterday I got actually a "picture resizing" thing very shortly when inserting a picture, no idea how I accessed it or what other features it has though. 

5 hours ago, RTX 3090 said:

Samsung has this built in, but it would still be preferable to do this in app (ie the forum) might be difficult to implement though. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

You can resize pictures by double clicking them, but you can't crop them there. To me, crop seems like something that would only be used very infrequently, and it would be a fairly complex feature to maintain (especially because it would involve a bunch of work on the front end to integrate nicely with the existing editor behaviour). It is feasible (there is already crop support for profile pictures, but it would need a fair amount of work to generalise that to any images), but I don't think it makes sense from a cost/reward perspective.

HTTP/2 203

if you're on windows

win+shift+s then select the part u want

then paste it

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately