Windows 10 Takes Long Time to Restart After Upgrade

Hello,

I have upgraded Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit to Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit

version 1909 and noticed that restarting or shutting down laptop takes like 4 minutes.

It is just stuck at "Restarting..." or "Shutting Down..." screen until it finally

does restart or shut down.

Everything is fine in "Safe Mode" though... I guess there is some kind of service

or running application that delays restarting or shutting down process and I have

no idea how to find out which one causes this.

That's a bit of a tough one without some more information.

The first thing I suggest doing is turn on verbose mode for shutdown and startup

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-turn-on-verbose-booting-mode-in-windows-10-with-a-registry-edit/

This might give you a idea of where its hanging up.

The other thing to look at is your Event Viewer: Right click on your start menu and select Event Viewer, expand Custom Views, and Click on Administrative Events. and look at the time where you were shutting down, Be aware there is normally a ton of warnings and errors in the event viewer, most can be ignored. You might find the information here. Some People often find the event viewer a bit intimidating.

@TannahThanks. I have found solution online. The problem was "DW WLAN Tray Service". I have disabled that service and all is good now.

9 hours ago, TechnicGeek said:

@TannahThanks. I have found solution online. The problem was "DW WLAN Tray Service". I have disabled that service and all is good now.

Glad to hear it.

Have a great Weekend