New PC build advise - Gaming & Workstation

insanse

Hi All :)

I'm planning on upgrading my PC, since my old one is ~5 years old and the CPU is a huge bottleneck. I mainly play competitive games like CS:GO & League of legends, but I do also enjoy an occasional single player game like RDR2, Mass Effect, GTAV. My current setup is a i7-6700k (not OC), 1080TI and DDR4 @ 2400Mhz. Since I don't have a 4K monitor, or even a 2K one, i'm planning on moving only my 1080TI to the new setup (+ the fact that it's literally impossible to buy a GPU atm). I play at 1080p with a 144hz monitor (planning on getting a 240Hz one soon). I actually have 3 144hz monitors.
For work, I mainly use the home PC to spin up a couple of VMs to access various environments.

By budget for the new PC (including the GPU at some point) is ~2500€.

Since I'm kind of future proofing my build, I'm planning on buying a 5900x, rather than a 5800x or a 5600x with a X570 motherboard, DDR4 ram @ 3200Mhz and a NVME Gen4.
In general, would you have any recommendations on this build? Is it maybe worth waiting for Zen4, having in mind that Zen3 is the last CPU on the AM4 platform. I tend to upgrade every 5 to 6 years, so i'd really like to make this build future proof, similar to the old ones.
As mentioned above, I'm probably getting a 5900x with a X570 MB (Probably the Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E). I saw in a couple of topics people NOT recommending GB. Any reason for that? Is there maybe an alternative MB to the one i've chosen but for a cheaper price? What would the RAM recommendations be?
Case will be a mid-tower one, no class or anything, no RGB required. Planning on getting a Noctua CPU cooler, but not sure which one. 

When I do get the GPU upgrade (probably beginning of 2021), i'll go for the RTX3080 or the 6800XT (or 3080ti if there is one by then). Will a 850W PSU be sufficient?

This would be my suggestion. Honestly, i'm struggling to get a 2500€ build together without spending money on "useless" stuff like RGB. Honestly idk what you could do with the rest of the money that makes sense. I'd probably just save it towards buying a better monitor. You could probably ditch the HDD and go for another 2TB SSD for SSD-only storage. So here is my suggestion:

Also keep in mind that Zen3 will release tomorrow, so Zen4 is still a long time away. If your CPU is not doing what you want it to do, i'd suggest upgrading with Zen3.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I've ditched HDD's 5 years ago and i'm never buying one of those again 😅 I might move my 1TB Samsung SSD from the old PC.
On the MB side - do GB/Aorus have a version with 2 LAN ports and 2 NVM.e slots. I'm also planning on ditching SATA SSDs on going entirely to NVM.e. 
Also, is it not worth getting the Samsung 980 Pro, rather than MP600?

13 minutes ago, insanse said:

Also, is it not worth getting the Samsung 980 Pro, rather than MP600?

No. Samsung does the same as always and charges extra just for being samsung. In terms of performance you won't notice any difference.

13 minutes ago, insanse said:

I've ditched HDD's 5 years ago and i'm never buying one of those again 😅 I might move my 1TB Samsung SSD from the old PC.
On the MB side - do GB/Aorus have a version with 2 LAN ports and 2 NVM.e slots. I'm also planning on ditching SATA SSDs on going entirely to NVM.e.

New list with another mobo, no HDD, and included a 2TB NVMe mass storage SSD. The B550 Tomahawk has a 2.5Gbit and a 1Gbit ethernet port. Just remember to put the PCIe 4 SSD in the top M.2 slot because the bottom one is only PCIe 3. I actually use the same SSD setup i suggested now. You could probably reduce the MP600 to a 500GB model as you have 2TB more SSD storage on the other drive. I did the same.

Remeber to quote or mention @[NAME] people so they can see you replied!

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.