Feeling overwhelmed with PSU choices

Ohne
Go to solution Solved by Juular,
5 hours ago, Ohne said:

On the other hand, something like the Enermax Revolution D.F. is surprisingly cheep to get. Though probably more noisy than the mentioned HXi?

Not something you'll notice at all, if it's cheap then go for it.

Hey all, long time Lurker here. First time poster.

So, after long years of travel with some "gaming Laptops" (or at least, gaming able once), I finally was able to go back to desktop PCs. Did all my homework for 1080p gaming and ordered this a couple of month ago:

Current 1080p:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600,

GPU: 1660 Super (MSI Gaming X).

Storage: one M.2 (sata) and one 2.5" SSD (both savaged from old Laptops)

Ram: 32Gb G.Skill 3600 CL16 (slight overkill here, for "work" ... I promise!)

MB: MSI X570 Tomahawk WiFi

Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh

Wanted to keep my options for an upgrade open, so decided to go with BeQuiet Pure Power 11 600w CM.

Totally watt overkill for now. Just wanted some room for potential upgrade in the future. Maybe 3070 or so in mind. Heck maybe even swap to Zen 3.

Day all parts arrived, I also snacked a beautiful 1440p 144hz Monitor (used and unplanned ... what an impulse buy :X )

And it was marvellous! Though, some parts seemed a bit noisy at first.

Now after roughly 3 month of use I noticed a rattling sound. Checked everything and it is something with the PSU fan. No clue what, but the seller takes it back and I get my money in store credit (probably use it for PCIe 3/4 m.2)

But now I feel lost in picking a new PSU. BeQuiet is a very popular among my friends (germany btw), and it was basically the only part I didn't research much by myself. 

I kinda lost my trust in B Tier and somewhat in BeQuiet as well. Though higher tiered BeQuiet seems to be manufactured someone else (FSP instead of HEC Compucase if I'm not mistaken)? 

Though I feel lost in: A-Tier, German supplys, and the case.

The Pure Power 11 with 160mm length is kinda tight to cable manage with HDD cage installed (currently the 2.5" inside, maybe more coming).

Which makes options like HXi unappealing. 

On the other hand, something like the Enermax Revolution D.F. is surprisingly cheep to get. Though probably more noisy than the mentioned HXi?

I will definitely upgrade soon*tm. When Benchmarks are out, supply/price normalised. Probably 3070/80 or 6800/XT, and most likely to Zen 3.

Kinda dependence how long normalisation takes, focused upgrade for mentioned UHD not 4K Gaming.

(Old parts salvaged for my SO) 

Also I upgrade my PSU budget for maybe a small and probably needed watt bump. Sure 100€ would be a nice price. Though if they are silent, maybe longer warranty, maybe up to 200€.

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, Ohne said:

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

On 11/4/2020 at 6:29 AM, Juular said:

Thanks for the reply! 

Took my time, thought about it (far too long) and ordered the Enermax.