SCARY

Stygian Zenith

Hello! I was wondering has anyone in AUSTRALIA had experienced with buying from Newegg? I heard they are trustworthy (at least in the U.S) but i was wondering if they were legit here. Some people say they have bad service outside the U.S but I'm not really sure who to believe.

Haven't bought from Newegg, but why not just buy from local retailers? Mwave, MSY, Scorptec, PCCaseGear, Umart... plus many more.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

What is that title tho.

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

2 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@JayBe "SCARY" because i might lose my money lmao

My signature is my answer :P

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

Just now, Stygian Zenith said:

@JayBe "SCARY" because i might lose my money lmao

Very vague title though. Could be anything. Could be asking what people did for Halloween. Maybe there is a spider in your PC. Maybe you have a virus. 99% of the people who click on this thread won't do it because they can offer help, but because they don't know what your post is about, only to then realise that they don't have anything to add to the conversation. Those that might be able to help might not even see the post because they don't know what it's about so they don't bother clicking on it.

Something like "Buying from Newegg in Australia?" or "Neweggs Black Friday Price Protection" would probably get a lot more helpful replies than "SCARY"

5 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

So they're price matching if the price goes on discount in the week after you buy it. Meh. If you're worried about stuff being cheaper for Black Friday specials just wait for Black Friday?

What are you looking at buying? Check local stores to see what the price is. You might be better off buying locally anyway, even with Newegg's price protection.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Things to always consider when looking at US store pricing and buying abroad:

• US stores don't have tax included as it varies between states and is payed differently. Some stores may add import tax+duties to final price on checkout
  • You will pay for import duties and tax of your own country. You should always check how its done locally to see whether its worth the hassle.
  • Shipping fees will be high, almost regardless of what you buy.
  • Returns and warranty can be hard if manufacturer doesn't have international warranty and forces you to go through retailer. This means that instead of taking piece to local shop, you pay for shipping it back to retailer.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Why did I click on this thread? I am not sure but something about the title intrigued me and I just had to find out what it was about. Sadly it wasn’t as interesting as I first thought.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

5 hours ago, NineEyeRon said:

Sadly it wasn’t as interesting as I first thought.

...and yet here we are, both disappointed.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage