Update to Windows 10 doesnt work

Lauris Roze

Hello, i have an issue where i cant boot from my pre-made windows 10 usb drive and the other os i had on there is really broken and unrepairable, can someone please help? 

The usb drive with windows 10 i made using windows creation tool and shouldve worked good. 

-> Moved to Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If your usb have problems and your installed system have problems, then maybe it's hardware issue - ram problem for example.

But if you only can't boot your usb, then check bios for boot order.

Do you made Windows installation before? If not - read posts on this forum (you can find lot of them).

So the usb kinda tries to boot, it shows 1 sec the windows 10 logo and then just stops with black screen that seems endless. And ive never had succesfull windows iso boot from usb. I dont think my pc has hardware problems and my boot order was already modified to launch only the usb at startup. 

If you see Windows logo for 1 second and then black screen, it may be bad usb drive or, as I said, something is wrong with your hardware, even if you think is not.

so another update, i got bolth windows 10 32bit and 64bit and now it shows the loading files instead of the _ it showed before.

its showing: A media driver your computer needs is missing. how to fix this?

it has been a week and no progress has been made, i really need some help with the issue im getting.

Try to install Windows on another computer, then plug drive with installed system to your computer.

It's really not so easy to understand your problem and my hint about checking hardware was ignored, so try this method so we'll see what is wrong.

So, i deleted the drive with windows 7 that was unrepairable, and it may have deleted all the drivers required for it to run, only issue is idk how to find any of them. The usb works, but because of the missing drivers i cant move on. 

As ive found out, my hard disk drive name apperantly is Samsung SpinPoint P Series HD160JJ 160BG 7.2K SATA Hard Drives with the link of it here https://www.disctech.com/Samsung-SpinPoint-P-Series-HD160JJ-160BG-7-2K-SATA-Hard-Drives . But if its needed, then i cant find the drivers for it anywhere. if there is something that could be done, then post about it here cause without any help, i cant get windows 10 installation to continue.

It's really hard to helping you. No screenshots, no anything. Do you prepared that usb in legacy mode? You cannot install Windows in uefi mode if your drive was initialize as mbr before. You need compatible usb installation with drive format. You may use bootable partition manager to change drive format or prepare usb with legacy installation.

Or you may try method I wrote before and you ignored it.

I am sorry about the no screenshots thing, and rn im getting a guide on how to even get usb to legacy mode

43 minutes ago, Lauris Roze said:

formatting errors

What formatting errors? When?

Man, do you really need help? Then describe problem better - it's not that I see the same as you and know what do you think. Formatting hard drive error? Formatting pendrive error? While preparing usb? While installing Windows?

to even get the usb to legacy mode, if it needs to have NTFS file system on the usb, that is gonna cause formatting errors. if its something else, then thats fine.

The formatting error on rufus is gonna be posted here

Format operation started
Requesting disk access...
Opened \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1 for exclusive write access
Requesting lock...
Will use 'F:' as volume mountpoint
I/O boundary checks disabled
Requesting lock...
Analyzing existing boot records...
Drive has an unknown Master Boot Record
Volume has an unknown Partition Boot Record
Clearing MBR/PBR/GPT structures...
Erasing 128 sectors
Deleting partitions...
Partitioning (MBR)...
Closing existing volume...
Waiting for logical drive to reappear...
Formatting (NTFS)...
Using cluster size: 4096 bytes
Quick format was selected
Creating file system...
Error while formatting
Format error: Undetermined error while formatting.
Re-mounted volume as 'F:' after error

if its any usefull to you