Need help with choosing the right CPU

Ninjakiw1

Budget (including currency): 2350 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games (GTA V, CSGO, Battlefield etc) + streaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Already bought and MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio and i need to choose a CPU, and im kinda going between a Ryzen 9 5900x or a Ryzen 7 5800x but im not sure what would be the best value

Ryzen 7 5900x is not worth it for gaming and streaming as the 8 core 5800x is already very good. I don´t see a point for the 5900x except if you want to stream from the CPU instead of your GPU (which I personally don´t recommend especially since you have a Nvidia card).

5900x is for content creation like photoshop rendering and stuff.

There's not much point in ponying up for a 5900X just for gaming.

Just going by AMD's numbers, I'd say go for the 5600X (mostly because the 5800X is in a very odd place price-wise), but wait for reviews first. They should be out in a couple of days.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

8 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

There's not much point in ponying up for a 5900X just for gaming.

Just going by AMD's numbers, I'd say go for the 5600X (mostly because the 5800X is in a very odd place price-wise), but wait for reviews first. They should be out in a couple of days.

I just saw you had the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4. is it a good? i was looking at it myself

7 minutes ago, Ninjakiw1 said:

I just saw you had the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4. is it a good? i was looking at it myself

yes but there are many. One of the generally best is the noktua d15

57 minutes ago, Ninjakiw1 said:

It's good, especially if you're looking for very quiet operation. The fans are quiet even at full speed (partially because they max out at ~1200RPM) and it looks quite clean imo, though I preferred the look of the old Dark Rock Pro 2, which just had a flat top cover for the heatsink (matter of personal taste).

Perhaps if I had the choice now I'd have gone for either an NH-D15 chromax.black (fans cap out at a higher RPM so you've technically got more cooling potential, at the cost of noise) or NH-U12A (much more compact while offering comparable cooling performance).

be quiet's mounting also isn't as refined as Noctua's I think, but it's definitely gotten a lot better compared to previous iterations (I'm not sure whether the AM4 mounting is easier or harder though)

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC