Future proofing PC for Ryzen 5 5600x and Radeon 6800xt

Budget (including currency): About £1000, GBP

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Playing the latest games, machine learning, video editing, basically I need it to handle anything I can throw at it.

Other details: I am willing to get a PC that I can upgrade slowly, for example getting 1 X 16gb ram so I can buy another one in the future. I would like an M.2 nvme SSD, and a motherboard with pcie gen 4. I have a case, but with bad overall airflow. I currently have a 1080p monitor and need to upgrade to a 1440p one? I saw a MSI one at 144hz which would be good for the 6800xt?

2 hours ago, Quartark said:

Budget (including currency): About £1000, GBP

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Playing the latest games, machine learning, video editing, basically I need it to handle anything I can throw at it.

Other details: I am willing to get a PC that I can upgrade slowly, for example getting 1 X 16gb ram so I can buy another one in the future. I would like an M.2 nvme SSD, and a motherboard with pcie gen 4. I have a case, but with bad overall airflow. I currently have a 1080p monitor and need to upgrade to a 1440p one? I saw a MSI one at 144hz which would be good for the 6800xt?

hmm with 1000 gbp budget you're gonna have to compromise on some other specs because the new cpu and gpu are hella expensive already. i cant help u bc i'm bad with uk prices but keep in mind u need a 750 watt psu minimum (what amd says)

Ok, thanks. I will probably have to build up the PC slowly, and hopefully by next year we will have ourselves a pretty nice PC!

On 11/2/2020 at 4:57 AM, Quartark said:

, machine learning

Hmmm, you know that ML is a no go with AMD GPUs, right? You'd be stuck with nvidia for that.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga