First Windows version?

What was the Microsoft Windows version of your first computer? Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP service pack 2 :P, Vista, 7, 8... 10? Any Windows NT?

In my case it's Windows 2000 :0 

Win 3. something 

Edited by Mark Kaine
Misread at first

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Windows 95. My dad used to pirate all our Windows editions until he realized the company he worked for at the time could just give him a free legit copy.

Let's just say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ;)

21 minutes ago, Borgus Bohr said:

What was the Microsoft Windows version of your first computer? Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP service pack 2 :P, Vista, 7, 8... 10? Any Windows NT?

In my case it's Windows 2000, not bad ;)

Windows 1.11

Before that DOS 4.2 and 6.0

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

derailing a bit but I've just received a notification saying "Your post has been marked as the best answer" but I don't see it on top like on the old forums 

I think that's a bug? happened twice today. I went into my tests posts and made a demo thread and a comment, then marked that comment as "solution" and it did showed up, I can't react with a heart though but I believe that triggered the notification.-

Possible it was marked then removed, then again maybe not. You should bring this up in the forum update topic so Mortis is aware.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

MS DOS something before 1995. The P2 machine we got about those times had Win95. My first own build had Vista in 2008.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

MS-DOS both at work and at home.  Moved to Win 3 when it came out and progressed through about all the other versions.  We were on Win NT at work for a long time as it was a very stable build.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

First computers x86 used DOS 2.1, 4.01, 5.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.22. Looked at Windows 1.0 went back to DOS. Windows 3.1, Windows 3.11, Then Windows 95, 95 OSR1, 95 OSR2, 95 OSR 2.5. Windows98, 98se, Me, Windows XP, Vista x64, 7 x64, 8 x64, 8.1 x64, 10 x64.  Windows NT 3.51, 4.0, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008R2.