Are these games worth picking up?

PurplDrank

Is Borderlands 3 worth picking up while on sale? Also is matchmaking really bad in borderlands 3?

Also, would you recommend xcom 2?

Borderlands 3 is fine, its another Borderlands game- Just like 2 but *more*. Matchmaking was fine from what I experienced

Xcom 2 is definitely worth it if you like RTS'

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

matchmaking is pretty bad in BL3, the single player game itself is fantastic. A ton of people found the main villain pair to be very annoying but that's the point, they are annoying streamer stereotypes... ALL of the annoying stereotypes... so if you don't mind the meta-humor or really liked 1, 2, and the pre-sequel it's more of the same with better weapons and more variety. 

xcom 2 was really popular because of the xcom 1 fan base, I never got into them much and probably won't. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

45 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

Is Borderlands 3 worth picking up while on sale? Also is matchmaking really bad in borderlands 3?

I’ve heard it’s decent but not as good as borderlands2.  Borderlands 1&2 had multiplayer.  Did it a few times.  It sucked.  The multiplayer in those were designed for cooperative multiplayer, but no one cooperated. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

16 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Borderlands 3 is fine, its another Borderlands game- Just like 2 but *more*. Matchmaking was fine from what I experienced

Xcom 2 is definitely worth it if you like RTS'

15 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

matchmaking is pretty bad in BL3, the single player game itself is fantastic. A ton of people found the main villain pair to be very annoying but that's the point, they are annoying streamer stereotypes... ALL of the annoying stereotypes... so if you don't mind the meta-humor or really liked 1, 2, and the pre-sequel it's more of the same with better weapons and more variety. 

xcom 2 was really popular because of the xcom 1 fan base, I never got into them much and probably won't. 

14 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’ve heard it’s decent but not as good as borderlands2.  Borderlands 1&2 had multiplayer.  Did it a few times.  It sucked.  The multiplayer in those were designed for cooperative multiplayer, but no one cooperated. 

I got borderlands 2 in my steam but never played it at all. Never played the first either but don't own that. 3 seems interesting and fun with better graphics im looking more for a time killer, non thinking possibly coop shooter with replayability. 

2 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

I got borderlands 2 in my steam but never played it at all. Never played the first either but don't own that. 3 seems interesting and fun with better graphics im looking more for a time killer, non thinking possibly coop shooter with replayability. 

Definitely give 2 a go. The graphics aged well enough. 2 is a great game and I still go back to it every once in a while

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

15 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

I got borderlands 2 in my steam but never played it at all.

you should absolutely play 2, it is still a mandatory install on any computer I own. even after the story has ended and all the sidequests are done it's still fun to bomb around in the vehicles or replay the different bosses (which respawn every time you go to their area. only found out about that after my second full story playthrough was done and dropped in to one to pick up ammo only to be hit with a major boss battle with empty weapons)

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

32 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Definitely give 2 a go. The graphics aged well enough. 2 is a great game and I still go back to it every once in a while

19 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

you should absolutely play 2, it is still a mandatory install on any computer I own. even after the story has ended and all the sidequests are done it's still fun to bomb around in the vehicles or replay the different bosses (which respawn every time you go to their area. only found out about that after my second full story playthrough was done and dropped in to one to pick up ammo only to be hit with a major boss battle with empty weapons)

Roger that. I'll def install 2 before buying 3

And when you're done with BL2 take a look at BL3 and decide whether you are up for the ride. I played 2 around 2 months ago with friends, was fun but after completing every quest there was no will to play it any further.

As for XCOM 2 - pretty much the same thing as 1st part although I enjoyed XCOM: EW much more. Maybe because it was better or maybe because that was the part that introduced me to it first.

On 11/1/2020 at 8:36 PM, PurplDrank said:

I can tell you what I thought of 2.

2 coop would be good if you got serious coop going I think.  The problem I had was there didn’t seem to be any when I did it.  It was just random people jumping in and diving at stuff.  
I didn’t replay it except a couple attempts at coop after I did the single player plot.  I liked the plot.  Single player 2 isn’t a deep thinking game.  It’s not dark souls or anything.  Graphics are well done visually if not particularly complex.  It’s got this line drawn comic book but still 3d thing going on.  Like someone inked reality.  Makes stuff look good without having to be super duper realistic.  As a mindless loot and shoot I’d say it’s more or less a go. There are more beer and pretzels games but there are also much much more serious ones.  If you want something totally mindless Theres torchlightII.  It was more involved than that but real 3d instead of cavalier perspective. The plot is more than tack on but You don’t need to read a faq to figure out how to not die or anything.  It’s straight forward. There isn’t any of the “you absolutely have to open this one chest behind a rock way off the path that you would have no way of knowing you need to get an item that keeps a future battle from being impossible” or agonizing decisions designed to mess with your head or unbeatable bosses with a fatal flaw you have to find to live, or stuff like that.  A lot of it is People scream and leap at you and you shoot them. The vehicles are fast and fun. The characters are entertaining and funny. Tiny Tina is a hoot.  There a lot of finding stuff quests which means a certain amount of driving or running around. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 11/2/2020 at 1:33 AM, PurplDrank said:

Are you sure you'll stay awake long enough to make it a worthwhile purchase?

I played borderlands 3 for months on end. Matchmaking was always fine for me. Great single player campaign, lots of loot grinding. (If youre into that sorta thing) and Xcom I never played, but ive heard from fans of RTS games it was really good. 

12 hours ago, AMDeeznuts said:

I played borderlands 3 for months on end. Matchmaking was always fine for me. Great single player campaign, lots of loot grinding. (If youre into that sorta thing) and Xcom I never played, but ive heard from fans of RTS games it was really good. 

what region you live in for matchmaking?