Xbox wireless receiver questions

Stargaze obama

I'm struggling to find much info about the wireless USB receiver Microsoft offer for the 360 and Xbox 1 controllers, my main question is their a delay when playing? I like to play siege so a delay more than a frame or 2 may be an issue, my second question is can you still use the headphone port in the controller or do I still require a cable to my PC? If anybody can help thanks

I haven't known anyone to use to audio port for an Xbox controller on PC but I'm almost certain that it won't work because the connected USB controller wont be considered a playback device on your PC. 

As for the delay the Xbox One controller and Xbox 360 controllers have different latency speeds (the XB1 being faster) but with the way that Xbox has built the controller with a very specific wireless connection it makes it alot faster without much latency but if you wanted to get the edge I think it would be more optimal to use a wired connection as opposed to using the receiver especially on Siege.

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

19 hours ago, Minicoop said:

I haven't known anyone to use to audio port for an Xbox controller on PC but I'm almost certain that it won't work because the connected USB controller wont be considered a playback device on your PC. 

As for the delay the Xbox One controller and Xbox 360 controllers have different latency speeds (the XB1 being faster) but with the way that Xbox has built the controller with a very specific wireless connection it makes it alot faster without much latency but if you wanted to get the edge I think it would be more optimal to use a wired connection as opposed to using the receiver especially on Siege.

I'm not super fussed about having the edge especially with my reaction time sometimes, but when I tried to use Bluetooth it was nearly unplayable with movements only being done half a second after or longer at times, you think I should buy one since they are on sale near me for $12

2 hours ago, Stargaze obama said:

you think I should buy one

I mean thats fully up to you if you think that investment would be worth it but given the stats that have been laid out about the difference between bluetooth and the Xbox wireless receivers I think it would be better to go that route. Also you may say that it wont matter about the reaction speed but in the 500+ hours that I have played Siege (Mostly on Xbox and some on PC) Id say whatever things you can do to level the playing field will make the game more fun and even for you. Not to mention that $12 is pretty inexpensive!

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

First off, the wireless adapter doesn't use bluetooth. I use one of these usb adapters with my XBox One controller and it works without any noticeable latency. But on the other hand i don't get why you'd play Siege on PC with a controller?! You're putting yourself at a huge disadvantage. I only use my controller to play games like Final Fantasy, etc...

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

First off, the wireless adapter doesn't use bluetooth. I use one of these usb adapters with my XBox One controller and it works without any noticeable latency. But on the other hand i don't get why you'd play Siege on PC with a controller?! You're putting yourself at a huge disadvantage. I only use my controller to play games like Final Fantasy, etc...

I don't have a ton of desk space and never really bothered to learn mouse and keys, I switched mostly to play games like siege but not have to pay that silly $60 a year for your own wifi usage, I get on pretty well with controller and got pretty high ranks on apex legends which is a completely different play style but that can be pretty competitive, I'm just relearning all of siege since I got back into from a 2 year break

6 hours ago, Minicoop said:

I mean thats fully up to you if you think that investment would be worth it but given the stats that have been laid out about the difference between bluetooth and the Xbox wireless receivers I think it would be better to go that route. Also you may say that it wont matter about the reaction speed but in the 500+ hours that I have played Siege (Mostly on Xbox and some on PC) Id say whatever things you can do to level the playing field will make the game more fun and even for you. Not to mention that $12 is pretty inexpensive!

I'll probably pick one up then, hopefully the headphones work because I like to sit on my sofa, but my desk may have to do, thanks for your responses