Ryzen 3600, 50°C in bios

1z2

Hello,

I've just finished building my first pc, went in the bios, and noticed my cpu's temperature (ryzen 5 3600) was around 50°C.

I use amd's cooler, is this temperature normal ?

I had a lot of trouble installing the cooler, and even had to remove it and put it back (5 seconds later). However I didn't change the orientation of the fan, and I didn't loose any thermal paste.

As this is my first build, I don't have any thermal paste and I didn't install any os yet because I wanted to fix this first.

Should I reinstall the cooler ? Buy thermal paste and replace the old one ? Or could the fan be screwed incorrectly ?

My pc :

CPU : AMD Ryzen 3600

Motherboard : Asus tuf b450 gaming plus

Ram : corsair vengeance, 2x8, 3200mhz

GPU : pny xlr8 gtx 1660 super

SSD : kingston A400 480Go

PSU : aerocool lux b550m

Case : aerocool cylon (black)

100% normal.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

That's a normal temp in BIOS, since when u are in the BIOS your CPU runs at full voltage thus 50 degrees Celsius is normal.

I would stress test it, and report back temps.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

It a bit high, but

This isn't uncommon. It really comes down to what the load temps look like. 

Tbh some may disagree but the stock cooler for your cpu just isn't good enough. 

It will hold you over in light weight task but anything heavy is going to need a better cooler.

You can try to remount again.

Also your case isn't the best for airflow.

Thank you!

Is it safe to install windows ?

Just now, 1z2 said:

Thank you!

Is it safe to install windows ?

yeah

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Ok thank you !

I will try to install windows and add more fans to my case

hi, I am new here..... I am having similar - heat - issue with my pc. Previously I had an Intel i5 core pc ( 10 years old) and a Radeon rx470 GPU... I was playing some basic games (really basic ones) and I had some others ( Satisfactory etc) and never had an issue with noisy fan and temp going high.... a few days ago updated my system to a Tomahawk max B450 motherboard with Ryzen 5 2600X and 2x8gb 3600mhz memory..... I played last night and the temp had risen considerably and the cpu fan is really killing me... even not doing anything on the computer the fan keeps speeding up and down ( and a lot louder) the cpu installation wasnt done by myself, I bought it as a bundle. should I buy a better cpu cooling fan like Noctua or Be Quiet to make it cooler and quieter? sorry to highjack the original post but it is kind of similar. many thanks

10 minutes ago, 1z2 said:

Ok thank you !

I will try to install windows and add more fans to my case

Sounds good

9 minutes ago, pilotakeksz78 said:

hi, I am new here..... I am having similar - heat - issue with my pc. Previously I had an Intel i5 core pc ( 10 years old) and a Radeon rx470 GPU... I was playing some basic games (really basic ones) and I had some others ( Satisfactory etc) and never had an issue with noisy fan and temp going high.... a few days ago updated my system to a Tomahawk max B450 motherboard with Ryzen 5 2600X and 2x8gb 3600mhz memory..... I played last night and the temp had risen considerably and the cpu fan is really killing me... even not doing anything on the computer the fan keeps speeding up and down ( and a lot louder) the cpu installation wasnt done by myself, I bought it as a bundle. should I buy a better cpu cooling fan like Noctua or Be Quiet to make it cooler and quieter? sorry to highjack the original post but it is kind of similar. many thanks

You should start your own thead but, yes get a better cooler. You don't need a crazy high-end cool. Scythe mugen 5 would be a great choice or even fuma 2. So long it fits in your case.