I can hear my computer through my headphones?

WhitetailAni

Why can I can hear my computer through my headphones? They are Logitech G430 headphones.

These headphones are a bit weird. The right speaker stops working if the wire is moved, but the left one always works fine.

I've managed to get it to stay fully functional for a while.

So, last night, I was copying some files and doing a few other things while my headphones were plugged into the front audio jack ports.

I noticed that I was hearing some static, but that usually means I just have the volume up all the way on the inbuilt headphone volume control. So I turned the volume down, and I still heard it. It wasn't annoying, so I just left it.

I went back to copying some files to make some Panther discs (still haven't figured that out), and I noticed that the static pitch was changing. It sounded like I could hear my computer working. After it was done, the static went back to the normal sound.

So I did some other things. Installing a program that I didn't do before after reinstalling Windows, burning a disc, and it changed in time to what the computer was doing.

Anyone heard of this before?

elephants

With the whole one ear not working that sounds like wiring is broken or the port. The main issue with you hearing your PC your hearing noise. How do you have the headset plugged into your PC?

The front audio jacks.

I haven't tested the rear audio jacks.

It's not a problem, but it is a bit weird.

elephants

2 hours ago, ragnarok0273 said:

The front audio jacks.

I haven't tested the rear audio jacks.

It's not a problem, but it is a bit weird.

The front audio jack typically have awful shielding and generally just sounds worse than the rear I would go for the rear jack

My cable isn't long enough to sit at a comfortable distance.

I don't mind. It's interesting to hear my computer doing things while I'm using it.

I wonder what it sounds like during Diagonal Mario...

elephants