Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best quick disconnect fittings?

I wanted original EKWB ones but they have been discontinued. Any suggestions? I don't want algae in my loop so nothing aluminium or nickel plated.

Main PC:

CPU: Octodeca Core 10980XE @ 5.0Ghz 1.305V

OR

Octodeca Core 10980XE @ 4.9Ghz 1.23V

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/44422924

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark. 

RAM: Patriot Viper 4x8GB DDR4 4400Mhz C19 Kit (4000Mhz OC CL15 T1) or (3800Mhz CL12 with an overvolt)

GPU: RTX 3090 (Pending)

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium.

Storage: 4x Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe 2x 2TB RAID 0, (6650MB/S Read / 6650MB/S Write), 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Backup).

WiFi: AX200 WiFi 6 card module.

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables.

Display: Samsung Oddysey G9 240Hz Ver. 5120x1440 with G-Sync and Freesync Premium Pro.

Cooling: Two Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 4x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with Revo D5 pump for CPU only cooling.

2nd Loop: 4x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with Revo D5 pump for GPU only cooling.

Total: 2x pumps and 8x radiators.

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX RGB.

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers.

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum.

Piano: Yamaha P155.

Phone: Oppo Find X2 Pro.

Camera: Logitech C922.

33 minutes ago, TheNaitsyrk said:

I wanted original EKWB ones but they have been discontinued. Any suggestions? I don't want algae in my loop so nothing aluminium or nickel plated.

First off, algae is a biological buildup, prevented with biocides and other additives. They have nothing to do with mixed metals. You are thinking of galvanic corrosion, which is not an issue when mixing steel, brass, copper, or nickel, only an issue when mixing aluminum with the aforementioned metals.

Second, I agree with the Koolance recommendation above.

Black Lightning
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.7 ghz

Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
2x8 GB 1600 MHz Crucial Ballistix Sport
MSI R9 290X Lightning
Corsair Crystal 280X Black RGB
240 GB Revodrive 3, 64 GB Sandisk SSD

EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
Noctua NH-C14S

10 hours ago, The Blackhat said:

First off, algae is a biological buildup, prevented with biocides and other additives. They have nothing to do with mixed metals. You are thinking of galvanic corrosion, which is not an issue when mixing steel, brass, copper, or nickel, only an issue when mixing aluminum with the aforementioned metals.

Second, I agree with the Koolance recommendation above.

I would guess that he's somehow depending on the leeching of copper ions to act as a biocide, although he should just use a normal coolant and not worry about it. You are definitely right, I think he's just coming from a strange angle.