"Low" FPS in csgo when TV connected as second monitor.

Here's my issue:

I play csgo on a 144hz monitor, it's connected to my gpu (RTX 2070) with a display cable. I get around 200-350 fps.

I tried connecting a 24 inch tv with hdmi to my computer to use as second monitor while streaming.

And for some reason when I have the tv connected, my fps in game seems low. When when I say that it "seems low" it's because it still says I have the same fps i always do, but it looks like 40 fps.

please help.

fps cap?

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Welcome to the wonderful world of "Nvidia drivers sometimes can't handle two monitors."

I have an Aorus 144Hz display and some cheap crappy 60Hz secondary. If anything is operating at 60Hz on the secondary (youtube vid, webpage animations, etc) the primary refresh rate is cut to below 60Hz. The game performance is fine, reading the same fps on the in game counter, but the monitor is totally messed up.

I've never heard a satisfactory explanation for why this happens, just that "sometimes it not work right" and I've never seen a fix for it either

Apparently it happens a lot less on AMD hardware for what it's worth. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Do you think it would do the same if i bought a 240hz as my main and use my 144hz one as secondary? Or if I buy an actual 60hz monitor instead of the tv

5 hours ago, L_iwnl said:

Do you think it would do the same if i bought a 240hz as my main and use my 144hz one as secondary? Or if I buy an actual 60hz monitor instead of the tv

I believe it works a lot better with two high refresh rate monitors but personally I recommend two 144Hz instead of a 240Hz, possibly a 1440p 144Hz because the experience on that has been quite excellent in my opinion.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad