Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Slow Write Speeds

AOforever1
  • 4 weeks later...

i have a 500 gig drive and same thing 

This keeps happening , sometimes even multiple restarts

HNaBjhi.png

until i restart my PC then it comes back to 3.5Gbps speed

what's the issue? the drive is 100 GB free of 465 GB its a 500 Gig drive.

am even using the latest drivers

o4wiw2Q.png

Edit, i posted this and tested it again after few mins and the speeds are up again, what's happening?

3LMpvS9.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

• 1 month later...

spacer.png

My 980 Pro has always worked fine and given me expected sequential read/write speeds. It's the Random Write (IOPS) speeds that wouldn't ever fill up a quarter of the visual bar in Magician (low 200k IOPS's)

5B2QGXA7 (showed up on Jan 26, 2022) has fixed everything for me. Now all bars are full with a nice shade of blue (700k+ IOPS's random write, 1+ million random read, plus the other stats remain as good as they have been since I got it, 7k+ Seq Read, 5-6k+ Seq Write).

Suffice it to say, the latest update has finally made this drive what it was supposed to be when I bought it. +1 for updating /thumbs up

Disclaimer: I have the 2TB variant, and PCI-E 4.0 of course.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys/gals,

I have tested my 2 1tb 980 pro nvme's with crystaldiskmark & I get pretty close to advertised speeds.

However when I copy a 10gb file from one 980 pro to the other the max speed I'm getting is 700mb/s.

Do you know what's wrong? Am I missing a driver? I've installed all the drivers from my Asus motherboard support page.

Oh one more thing, the default windows copy handler wasn't working 100%, so I installed the latest version of teracopy. Please help?!