What to do when Mediaworld (Mediamarkt) doesn't ship?

Lii

So both in italy and Germany it has a shitty reputation

I wouldn't order from them if I didn't had a Coupon

But the thing is that they receive the order but never ship it, contacting the support it seems that they do a worth of mouth between a department that doesn't do a shit, and most of the peoples in call centers are dull, nor do they know of what they are talking about

if you cancel the order they after a while can refund you the money, but the problem is that the money are in form of coupon, and that Coupon has a date of expiration

So the problem is that I have a Coupon that they won't let me to use because they will never ship a damm item

I'm no expert, but does a store coupon even count as a refund in the EU? I suspect not, unless you made your original purchase using a coupon.

What you need to do is push for a full refund in cash (or back to your original payment card). Phone and email them every day. If needs be, threaten legal action (checking the appropriate laws first). In my experience, if you complain to them enough then they will back down (though I haven't personally had any experience with Mediamarkt)

Then, once you get your refund, order from a different supplier.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 hour ago, pythonmegapixel said:

I'm no expert, but does a store coupon even count as a refund in the EU? I suspect not, unless you made your original purchase using a coupon.

What you need to do is push for a full refund in cash (or back to your original payment card). Phone and email them every day. If needs be, threaten legal action (checking the appropriate laws first). In my experience, if you complain to them enough then they will back down (though I haven't personally had any experience with Mediamarkt)

Then, once you get your refund, order from a different supplier.

I think that it does count

Since amazon and many other store do this practice